Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Road trip.

Applies to All Model Years 
5K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Cutlass 
#1 ·
Had a pretty great 24 hours this weekend. Drove out to Port Angelas and hung out with my good buddy while he had a small shindig. lol. Was fed a killer steak and potato dinner.
The oysters are about as fresh as you can find in P.A.
Neighbor free camping, he's got a couple of acres.

Didn't sleep much after about 2 a.m. Some damn rooster crowed every 10 seconds or so allllll night long and never stopped. He set off the goats and they set off the turkeys who set off the dog. The woodpecker was busy, as were the ravens. Good times just the same!

Averaged 23.5 mpg, total trip was about 250 miles. Lots of hills.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Car Cloud Sky Wheel
Cloud Sky Car Vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Plant
Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape Table
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Product Gadget Automotive design Motor vehicle Output device
Cloud Sky Car Motor vehicle Hood
Cloud Sky Water Mode of transport Asphalt

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#11 ·
My Jeep's name is Butch. She is a lesbian. She is such a girl about things, but spelled with a y and two rrs. Gyrrl!
My new gen Subarus are pretty much androgynous, I can't tell if they are boys or girls.

:p
Honestly, that is one of the reason I chose the Subaru, lol. It's universal and has sort of a "grey man" vibe to it. Capable, and quiet.

#9 ·
Cargo and I are doing a run up to the Olympic Peninsula in June. Start off in Colorado Springs, run west on I-70 to Salina, UT, then across the great waste of Nevada on Hwy 50 to Reno. Reno to CA Hwy 101, hang in Eureka and Crescent City, go smell the big trees, then up to Sequim, WA, then over and around the OP. Up to Seattle to visit cargo's mom. East over the Cascades on I-90, over to I-25 and down. Will be somewhere around 4,000 miles round trip. Probably burn ~150 gallons of fuel. Hope the rear end on the Crosstrek doesn't break loose along the way.

#17 · (Edited)
Maybe you misunderstood my comment? Not sure what your last post was about.

Jeeps are great machines. I test drove one before going with the subie. Was just out of my price range.

I do like the new Bronco's, but there is just something about the old ones that I hold a special place in my heart for. Always have, always will. They did a great job with the new ones. I know it's a subie forum, but when you get it, find a way to post about it here - like in off topic or something. Not sure if you watch Top Gear at all, but they did an episode with the new Land Cruiser I think, or Range Rover... something like that, and it had the same kind of Tesla style dash they are giving all these new cars like in the Challengers and even the Bronco's (although, the bronco is more horizontal than the other styles) and I absolutely love it. Something so clean about it. Anyways, good luck! Keep us updated!

#19 · (Edited)
Where did you get such a cool trailer? I like the looks of it so much! My old one was completely broken, and I sold it to the guys that bought metal.
So now I need to get a new one because I am planning a long road trip this summer too. Before this summer, I used trains to get around, but now I want to try something new. I got a car and want to try this new kind of traveling. It seems that I will have much more possibilities and will be able to visit places that were unreachable to me before. Like the far ends of forests or pierces. I really want to see the ocean. I’ve heard that in heaven, all they talk about is the ocean and how wonderful it is.

#22 ·
That's a trip I'd love to make. And don't expect the chance to.

Reactions: Zap
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.