Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a pretty great 24 hours this weekend. Drove out to Port Angelas and hung out with my good buddy while he had a small shindig. lol. Was fed a killer steak and potato dinner.
The oysters are about as fresh as you can find in P.A.
Neighbor free camping, he's got a couple of acres.

Didn't sleep much after about 2 a.m. Some damn rooster crowed every 10 seconds or so allllll night long and never stopped. He set off the goats and they set off the turkeys who set off the dog. The woodpecker was busy, as were the ravens. Good times just the same!

Averaged 23.5 mpg, total trip was about 250 miles. Lots of hills.
IMG_7355.jpeg
IMG_7359.jpeg
IMG_7360.jpeg
IMG_7361.jpeg
IMG_7362.jpeg
IMG_7368.jpeg
IMG_7370.jpeg
IMG_7377.jpeg
IMG_7381.jpeg
IMG_7382.jpeg

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,541 Posts
How do you mount the gps on the dash?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very nice. If there is one thing I miss about VA, it was the blue crab. Yea, that's it actually, I don't miss anything else lol.

Also nice to know the MPG's. That's with the 2.5l, correct? I wonder how my 2.0 would do with a small trailer. Hills are a real killer.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. If there is one thing I miss about VA, it was the blue crab. Yea, that's it actually, I don't miss anything else lol.

Also nice to know the MPG's. That's with the 2.5l, correct? I wonder how my 2.0 would do with a small trailer. Hills are a real killer.
Loaded with gear, it probably weighs in at about 800 lbs. Your 2.0 will do fine. Our last Xtrek towed it like it wasn't even there.
The 2.5 is nice though, passed at 70 up a pretty steep incline on my trip.

IMG_0011.jpeg

·
Registered
115 Posts
You have a beautiful (handsome?) ride. Really like the rims and +1 for going with the "sport". If I stick with Subie, my next one will definitely have all the goodies ;)

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,525 Posts
I dunno ... that last photo looks like it might be slightly off-roady. You probably should have brought your macho Jeep instead. :p

·
Registered
313 Posts
Cargo and I are doing a run up to the Olympic Peninsula in June. Start off in Colorado Springs, run west on I-70 to Salina, UT, then across the great waste of Nevada on Hwy 50 to Reno. Reno to CA Hwy 101, hang in Eureka and Crescent City, go smell the big trees, then up to Sequim, WA, then over and around the OP. Up to Seattle to visit cargo's mom. East over the Cascades on I-90, over to I-25 and down. Will be somewhere around 4,000 miles round trip. Probably burn ~150 gallons of fuel. Hope the rear end on the Crosstrek doesn't break loose along the way.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cargo and I are doing a run up to the Olympic Peninsula in June. Start off in Colorado Springs, run west on I-70 to Salina, UT, then across the great waste of Nevada on Hwy 50 to Reno. Reno to CA Hwy 101, hang in Eureka and Crescent City, go smell the big trees, then up to Sequim, WA, then over and around the OP. Up to Seattle to visit cargo's mom. East over the Cascades on I-90, over to I-25 and down. Will be somewhere around 4,000 miles round trip. Probably burn ~150 gallons of fuel. Hope the rear end on the Crosstrek doesn't break loose along the way.
Sounds like an awesome tour.
I know you're going to love 101!

·
Registered
115 Posts
My Jeep's name is Butch. She is a lesbian. She is such a girl about things, but spelled with a y and two rrs. Gyrrl!
My new gen Subarus are pretty much androgynous, I can't tell if they are boys or girls.

:p
Honestly, that is one of the reason I chose the Subaru, lol. It's universal and has sort of a "grey man" vibe to it. Capable, and quiet.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly, that is one of the reason I chose the Subaru, lol. It's universal and has sort of a "grey man" vibe to it. Capable, and quiet.
I dunno how we got here but: The Jeep is pretty subtle. She's fairly quiet. But: The top and doors come off in just a few minutes and it is awesome and I love it.
The ONLY convertible Subarus were the early ea82 coupes. A company took some and cut the tops off and added convertible tops.

the definition of capable is, well, tough to agree on.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"mostly" capable. lol. When you need to pick the kid up at 2 then head to the semi secluded fishing spot at 3.
I totally get that.
Sometimes I really like having my Jeep when I get to the hills. I can have a different kind of fun in the Jeep. It's all done at 1 or 2 mph, with a ton of concentration. But after each trip, I wish for a car for the ride home, knowing my Subaru would be so much easier to deal with after 6-8 constant hours behind the wheel eyes wide open.
I go up and find snow every year several times. When there's deep snow, my Jeep can laugh, I can goose it and it will power through, or up.

But then, there's times when I am so glad I brought a Subaru because it's miles of wash board and my innards aren't nearly as rattled.
If there's less than a foot of snow, the Jeep isn't needed and the Subaru can do its thing. In comfort.

My first world problems are many when it comes to choosing which one to bring.

Doesn't matter. Butch will be a Bronco soon enough.

(pic below of one of our former Xtreks. I know what they're good for)
eeBlsX.jpg

*kept this one for 2 years @Montanan lol

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
New Bronco? Or old Bronco? Please say OJ or older. Literally my dream machine.
Before you up and just say that. Watch this video. Try to ignore the overly enthusiastic guy in the passenger seat. This is pretty much the configuration I am going to have built.

This vid.

Feel free to skip until they turn off of the highway.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
btw. I don't think it's funny.

I'm on my 66th Subaru and have had 6 Crosstreks. NONE of you can say that. Don't doubt my loyalty.

If I defend ignorant comments about my Jeep, so be it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Maybe you misunderstood my comment? Not sure what your last post was about.

Jeeps are great machines. I test drove one before going with the subie. Was just out of my price range.

I do like the new Bronco's, but there is just something about the old ones that I hold a special place in my heart for. Always have, always will. They did a great job with the new ones. I know it's a subie forum, but when you get it, find a way to post about it here - like in off topic or something. Not sure if you watch Top Gear at all, but they did an episode with the new Land Cruiser I think, or Range Rover... something like that, and it had the same kind of Tesla style dash they are giving all these new cars like in the Challengers and even the Bronco's (although, the bronco is more horizontal than the other styles) and I absolutely love it. Something so clean about it. Anyways, good luck! Keep us updated!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts