Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Been a fan of this page for sometime as it’s been super helpful over the years. This one I can’t find anything on. I’ve got a MY2013 Crosstrek with 115000 miles that’s been cross country a few times, up to Canada, down to Mexico, and does its share of work on the farm (lightly). It’s now in Hawai’i with me. Over the past year or so a rythmic drone, thumping sound is coming from what I think I can tell the front, under acceleration and what sounds like a whirring sound from the rear when not under acceleration (from what I can tell). I’ve had CV joints replaced, bearings, but the sounds persist. I’m wondering if it’s a transmission issue... I go to the dealer for most major work but should probably find a new mechanic. They’ve not diagnosed it as a transmission issue. And the fluid had never been flushed/replaced.
Any thought? I’m trying to hold out for the new models, whenever they arrive so hoping to get some more time...
Thanks in advance
Bryan

·
Registered
418 Posts
Could it be the viscous coupler in the center differential?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could it be the viscous coupler in the center differential?

Thanks for sharing that. Interestingly enough I had the CV issue and had that corrected. As well as bearing. This is a bit different. I should have mentioned the vehicle has a CVT. I have an appointment at the dealer and it’s good to go in armed with as many possbile sources of the problem as possible so they can better diagnose... So far they haven’t been great and my options are fairly limited out here...

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts