Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, very excited to find this place!
I'm not sure what terms to search for, excuse the post if this has been asked/answered several times before.

I have a 2015 hybrid AWD and the battery was hosed today- I'm surprised it cranked and started. Now that I've replaced the battery I've noticed the RPM go waaay up even at low speeds (20-30). I also noticed the driver auto-window isn't working. As I'm not a car person I'm struggling to find the right search terms to see if there's some process needed to reset the car computer but I suspect this might be the case.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
137 Posts
Welcome from VA. As far as the auto window not working - try this:

Initialization of power window with one-touch auto up/down function

If the power window automatic function (one-touch auto up and down function) does not operate properly, operate each window according to the following procedure in order to initialize the power window system.
1. Close the door.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position.
3. Open the window completely and then press and hold down the power window switch for approximately 1 second.
4. Close the window completely and then pull and hold the power window switch for approximately 1 second.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

If the power window automatic function (one-touch auto up and down function) does not operate properly, operate each window according to the following procedure in order to initialize the power window system.
1. Close the door.
3. Open the window completely and then press and hold down the power window switch for approximately 1 second.
4. Close the window completely and then pull and hold the power window switch for approximately 1 second.
Many thanks for that, it will make exiting my parking garage much smoother!

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,514 Posts
Do a throttle body alignment to fix the idle.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,514 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. As someone unfamiliar with the mechanics involved with cars is that something I can reasonably do? I know switches and computer stuff...
Check my post #3 below;

·
Registered
1 Posts

1. Close the door.
Thank you so much! This worked! I was about to drive the car to get service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.