Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

In Egypt we have a required sticker to put on the windshield, I didn't know back then that it may affect the eyesight, but I have placed it as shown in the photo below (behind the rear view mirror below the black dots)

So far it worked a couple of times normally on pedestrian and also another car.

So would the position I placed it in, affect the eyesight performance somehow?
And also won't it give some sort of an error if the sticker is blocking it or blocking part of its view?

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,534 Posts
to be safe I would put it on the top left corner of the windshield. My dealer puts oil change reminders there with no effects that I have noticed.

Reactions: sas-XV

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
692 Posts
So would the position I placed it in, affect the eyesight performance somehow?
And also won't it give some sort of an error if the sticker is blocking it or blocking part of its view?
Your sticker is certainly located in the area that Subaru says to keep clear.
The top far right and top far left are where Subaru says is OK with Eyesight .

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,376 Posts
This has been debated here, ad nauseam! 😸

I don't believe that EyeSight is "on or off" and that many things could affect its performance. So best to keep the sticker outside of where Subaru says not to install stuff. Anywhere on the left or right side of the windshield, top or bottom, should be OK...

Reactions: Raleighmclemore

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hopefully they are not working with a regulation that days this is where the sticker SHALL be placed.
We actually had to have the law changed here in NH for that exact reason. State insoectiin required it to be placed in that location, most garages and dealers knew better, or in the case of my Jeep would place it next to the mirror mount when I asked them to (different reason, if under mount it is in the middle of the windshield blocking driver view), but legally they weren't supposed to so some wouldn't especially when they didn't know about eyesight. The law now says lower corner, driver's side.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Subaru XV 2021 2.0i-S (Aust)
210 Posts
Top left or right but also make sure you avoid the DAB radio antenna lines built in on the top left. At least on my model they are there for right hand drive. Otherwise it might damage the antenna on removal.

·
Prefers black cats
12,376 Posts
Top left or right but also make sure you avoid the DAB radio antenna lines built in on the top left. At least on my model they are there for right hand drive. Otherwise it might damage the antenna on removal.
We don't have that in the US...

·
Registered
Subaru XV 2021 2.0i-S (Aust)
210 Posts
We don't have that in the US...
Do you have DAB radio in the entertainment unit? I only assume it is the DAB antenna because when I had an Outback once that didn't have DAB and it was destroyed by hail and it was replaced by the next year's model and the only difference was DAB and the antenna in the windscreen corner. It is about 4 square inches in size with lines with fingers like a medium size hand.

·
Prefers black cats
12,376 Posts
Do you have DAB radio in the entertainment unit? I only assume it is the DAB antenna because when I had an Outback once that didn't have DAB and it was destroyed by hail and it was replaced by the next year's model and the only difference was DAB and the antenna in the windscreen corner. It is about 4 square inches in size with lines with fingers like a medium size hand.
I'm originally from the UK and have only seen those windshield antennas on UK and EU cars.

·
Registered
554 Posts
This has been debated here, ad nauseam! 😸

I don't believe that EyeSight is "on or off" and that many things could affect its performance. So best to keep the sticker outside of where Subaru says not to install stuff. Anywhere on the left or right side of the windshield, top or bottom, should be OK...
I am vehemently opposed to nauseum ads!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts