Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better for remote starting the car, set it to recirculate or leave it set to normal bringing fresh air in?

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek
196 Posts
I always left it on normal. Mostly in case there was water/ice in the floor mats that needed to evaporate. Missing my remote start on my 2021.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I think I'll probably just do recirculate. I have the option to set it in the remote settings in MySubaru so I can always try both ways and see which works better. Only downside about the remote start for my car is that it only uses climate control, doesn't activate the heated seats. Cool thing I like about it is that you can't see if the car is running (meaning it doesn't turn on the headlights or anything).

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek
196 Posts
Yeah, I think I'll probably just do recirculate. I have the option to set it in the remote settings in MySubaru so I can always try both ways and see which works better. Only downside about the remote start for my car is that it only uses climate control, doesn't activate the heated seats. Cool thing I like about it is that you can't see if the car is running (meaning it doesn't turn on the headlights or anything).
Are your heated seats no physical buttons? Can't you just leave them on?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are your heated seats no physical buttons? Can't you just leave them on?
Yeah, I do leave them on, but the MySubaru app only allows you to operate the climate control. The remote start I had for my Legacy would run the whole car with the key fob. Maybe it's because I've got the plug-in hybrid that it's different. If anyone else has a 2019 or so that uses the app for remote start, I'd like to get their feedback.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,052 Posts
What trim level do you have?
Ive got a Premium and my heated seats are a physical switch in near the cup holders. Not sure if the Limited trim or others have just a push button for on/off or not. So for me, anytime the car gets power, if the heated seat switch was left in the high or low position the seats start heating up.

My wife's car, her heated seats on via a push button and do not remember the last setting when the car was shut off. So when the car starts, you have to again select your preferred setting or leave off.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What trim level do you have?
Ive got a Premium and my heated seats are a physical switch in near the cup holders. Not sure if the Limited trim or others have just a push button for on/off or not. So for me, anytime the car gets power, if the heated seat switch was left in the high or low position the seats start heating up.

My wife's car, her heated seats on via a push button and do not remember the last setting when the car was shut off. So when the car starts, you have to again select your preferred setting or leave off.
I have the plug-in hybrid and the seat heaters are the toggle switches next to the cup holders. The remote start through the app only runs my heat pump climate control for the car. My 2015 legacy had buttons on the center dash (not toggles) and that still worked with remote start. I'm guessing it's because my remote start does not start the full car and it runs off the high voltage battery.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Crystal Black Silica, Black Interior, 2016 VW Touareg Luxury
69 Posts
The Crosstreks can't turn the heated seats on with the app because they are a physical switch. In some other Subaru's the on/off is digital which allows you to turn the heated seats on with the app.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everytime i use the app to start the car, the AC turns on also. Is there a way to prevent ac from coming on with remote start from app? thanks

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
178 Posts
I think the AC button lights up in Full Auto for the climate control. Not sure but it could be for dehumidification - especially when defogging the windshield.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Crosstreks can't turn the heated seats on with the app because they are a physical switch. In some other Subaru's the on/off is digital which allows you to turn the heated seats on with the app.
I understand that. I know with my last car, a 2015 Legacy, if I had the seat heater switch on and used the key fob to remote start the car, the entire car would turn on to run. So if the seat heater switch was on, the seats would warm up. It doesn't do that in my plug-in Hybrid. When I remote start the car, it will only run the climate control and nothing else (no headlights, seat heaters, radio, nothing). I am curious if this was a specific thing for the hybrid because it runs power off of the high voltage battery and not the engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts