Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just got a new Crosstrek. I'd like to know if anyone can recommend a product that will protect both the paint and plastic (top rack, window rims, etc) from UV rays. I'm looking for preferably one product that handles both paint and plastic, so as not to have to worry about masking one to apply to the other.

Thanks!

-Kurt

·
Registered
171 Posts
Meguiars techwax or their newer ceramic hybrid spray for the paint. 303 Aerospace protectant for the plastics. You don't have to mask things off. Just don't go crazy with the 303 on paint.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Collinite No. 845 Insulator Wax. Not as good as the ceramic above, but easier to apply.

Reactions: rlouie

·
Premium Member
8,374 Posts
Collinite No. 845 Insulator Wax. Not as good as the ceramic above, but easier to apply.
And it's one product for both plastics and paint. You can even use it on your lights! Heck, I've used it on some furniture and it turned out smoooothhh.... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Along the same lines, what would be good for the metal roof bars? The same wax as I would use on the paint?

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
276 Posts
I bit the bullet and tried Aerolon Tech Shine.

I was pleased with the results. It really only takes a few ounces to coat the entire vehicle. It's good on paint, plastic, glass. I did the wheels (not the tires), as well. It doesn't give much of the slippery smooth wax feel, but it makes the car shine and repels water like crazy. It has held up for 6 months. I'm going to do another application in a month or so for the Winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts