Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never done any mod like this before, but I kinda like the look and idea of lights that are a little subtle.

Anyone have any recommendations? Car is a 2018 Crosstrek. Already have factory fog lights.

Pardon my ignorance on this subject, I really know nothing about this part of the aftermarket world. Not even sure what the good brands are, or if any are made specifically for this car?

Are there some options that come with everything I'd need and/or are a much cleaner installation?

Tips or ideas for the interior switch? What would you recommend?

Thanks very much in advance!

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Base
119 Posts
I didn't install my lights behind the grill, so no real help there, but I did use the dash switch kit that SMK fabrication sells. Works great and looks about as OEM as you can get without wiring up an additional OEM one.

I went the "Type 2" route with mine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As long as you realize that hiding the light bar behind the grill will dissipate the light and basically make this mod “for street cred”, then go for it. If you are looking to have a functional light that actually performs and doesn’t just look cool, then mount it outside of the front bumper

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,743 Posts
As long as you realize that hiding the light bar behind the grill will dissipate the light and basically make this mod “for street cred”, then go for it. If you are looking to have a functional light that actually performs and doesn’t just look cool, then mount it outside of the front bumper
Pretty sure having the light behind the bumper puts out WAY more light than not having one at all..

I would be surprised to see a drastic difference between in front and behind with the light output. A difference sure, drastic difference I doubt.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Pretty sure having the light behind the bumper puts out WAY more light than not having one at all..

I would be surprised to see a drastic difference between in front and behind with the light output. A difference sure, drastic difference I doubt.
It’s huge man. Sure it’s “better” than nothing. But so is a bread crumb when you’re starving.

the OP mentioned he’s really new to modding cars. I just wanted to help them see the possibility of great functionality. I think lights behind the bumPer are cool. But rally cars have them on the outside for a reason.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,743 Posts
It’s huge man. Sure it’s “better” than nothing. But so is a bread crumb when you’re starving.

the OP mentioned he’s really new to modding cars. I just wanted to help them see the possibility of great functionality. I think lights behind the bumPer are cool. But rally cars have them on the outside for a reason.
Well to be fair, I dont think the drivers are driving their rally car to the office Mon-Fri ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts