Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2023 crosstrek limited
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With us in a recession and the interest rate going up again. what is everbodys thought on people in this forum buying a new crosstrek. I have one on order suppose to be here the end of august. Do we have more power on getting the price down? Or still paying msrp or more? What does every one think,all input appreciated. Thanks to all that reply.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,448 Posts
I think if Subaru had its supply chain issues sorted out, there might be a chance that the higher interest rates would make it easier to get a purchase discount … but that’s not the case. It seems like it will be at least a few more months before Subaru production ramps back up to normal, and even then there’s going to be a backlog of demand that will need to be satisfied, so I think it’s going to be a good while before there will be any killer deals out there.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I don't think you will see "deals" for the foreseeable future. Just recently in socal LA/OC area, there have been billboards popping up advertising "no dealer markups"

·
Registered
807 Posts
If inventories go up, you might have a chance at getting the price points down. With supply chain issues, challenged economy, seems like some of the dealers have the upper hand right now. Hopefully, your current car could hold out for a couple more years for the market to turn around.

·
Registered
2021 Sport
103 Posts
right now, i dont think i would call it a recession just yet. Close, very close. Large portions of the economy are doing pretty well despite the economy retracting. you are ordering a crosstrek, so there is no inventory glut. What will it look like 6 months from now, anyone here and everywhere only have guesses.
Never had to order a car so i dont know if you pay upfront, but i would guess it is what it is.

·
Registered
2023 Pure Red Limited
100 Posts
right now, i dont think i would call it a recession just yet. Close, very close. Large portions of the economy are doing pretty well despite the economy retracting. you are ordering a crosstrek, so there is no inventory glut. What will it look like 6 months from now, anyone here and everywhere only have guesses.
Never had to order a car so i dont know if you pay upfront, but i would guess it is what it is.
My experience and my understanding is that most cars ordered in advance require no deposit or payment in advance. They are treated as standard new cars on the lot once delivered and as a "depositor" you are just penciled-in as first in line to claim the car or not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My experience and my understanding is that most cars ordered in advance require no deposit or payment in advance. They are treated as standard new cars on the lot once delivered and as a "depositor" you are just penciled-in as first in line to claim the car or not.
Not so sure about that ... going back to the 70’s I’ve special ordered a total of six vehicles (3 Ford, 1 Honda, 2 Subaru). In all cases a deposit was required with the dealer providing a firm out the door price.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
When we were at 9s into the purchase of what will lend me at this recent time, and in 2011 nearing January 2022 the guy asked me if . I'm okay with MFG and 1.9% rate 2022 later near model to 2022 2nd QTR as 2.4% Where the fawk are you all?

Slim branch, trim owls, intelligence without a hoot on National Economic.

You're rough shoot and eaten in a minute. Maybe less.

·
Registered
2023 Pure Red Limited
100 Posts
Not so sure about that ... going back to the 70’s I’ve special ordered a total of six vehicles (3 Ford, 1 Honda, 2 Subaru). In all cases a deposit was required with the dealer providing a firm out the door price.
Fair enough. We have had different experiences. My dealership experience twice recently matches a lot of other people's experiences.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,448 Posts
There’s a difference between custom–ordering a car from the factory, and reserving a car that happens to already be in the pipeline … and I think that explains some of the different experiences that are being reported here.

·
Registered
2023 Pure Red Limited
100 Posts
There’s a difference between custom–ordering a car from the factory, and reserving a car that happens to already be in the pipeline … and I think that explains some of the different experiences that are being reported here.
For sure. One of each of those for us in the past 2 months and no deposit or payment required in either situation. Not saying it's the rule or standard, just what happened to us and I know a few others as well. And I was told the reason was because they can sell "our" car in either case in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Crosstrek Sport
10 Posts
Got mine 4 months ago and I was lucky enough to get mine at MSRP in the LA area. Everywhere I shopped around up to 100 miles away wanted $5000 over + mandatory add on inclined. Santa Monica worked with me and gave me MSRP only if I ordered the car which took 3 months.

I'd ask your local dealers to at least honor MSRP or ask if ordering one makes a difference on the price. Not at all a "deal" by any means but when many dealerships are taking advantage of people's needs, getting MSRP quickly feels like you come out a winner.

·
Registered
2023 Crosstrek Premium
2 Posts
I just custom ordered a 2023 Crosstrek on June 20th. No deposit required and got a $500 discount because I had to wait for it to come in. It will be here between August 9th and 12th.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Premium 2.0 CVT
314 Posts
With us in a recession and the interest rate going up again. what is everbodys thought on people in this forum buying a new crosstrek. I have one on order suppose to be here the end of august. Do we have more power on getting the price down? Or still paying msrp or more? What does every one think,all input appreciated. Thanks to all that reply.
Didn’t you hear? We aren’t in a recession! 😏

But to answer your question, I think now is a terrible time to buy outright without a trade, or if your desperate for a vehicle… that leads to bad decisions if you’re desperate.

if you’ve got time and have a trade that’s decent shape, used car trade values are nuts and could be the equalizer you need to get a decent deal amid crazy times. I did!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts