Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,822 Posts

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
That’s why I’m concerned.
It may be worth an email to SOA, although if your VIN wasn't in the system I would expect you'd get an error when looking for recalls.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You could check the PCV valve. They were different colors depending if they were good (blue) or bad (pink).
Total number of 2019 Treks impacted by PCV recall is 37. Are all hybrids built over a one month period.

Your 2019 may be recall free, but could have some flaws that are not safety related. There are many technical service bulletins (TSBs) issued by SOA involving the 19MY. However, they won't show up under a model or VIN search for recalls. Nor will SOA or your dealer make you aware of them. If the flaw applies to your vehicle, they rely on you to bring it to their attention. Even then they may not tell you about a related TSB. The orange paint chipping issue on the 2018-19MY is a good example.
Best free site to check for applicable TSBs is NHTSA.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Best free site to check for applicable TSBs is NHTSA.
I'm looking around the NHTSA website - how do I check for TSBs? Fortunately, I haven't been affected by any of the safety recalls. I guess July 2019 was a good month for building a Limited.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
I'm looking around the NHTSA website - how do I check for TSBs? Fortunately, I haven't been affected by any of the safety recalls. I guess July 2019 was a good month for building a Limited.
Under Manufacturer Communications for your make/model/year...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ah...
1) go to Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment | NHTSA
2) select "Vehicle"
3) enter year make and model and hit search
4) select the number (currently "209" for the 2019) under "Manufacturer Communications" and then sort through the info (tons)

I'm just going to stick my head in the sand and wait either for an applicable safety recall or check this data if I start to have any problems.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
Ah...
1) go to Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment | NHTSA
2) select "Vehicle"
3) enter year make and model and hit search
4) select the number (currently "209" for the 2019) under "Manufacturer Communications" and then sort through the info (tons)

I'm just going to stick my head in the sand and wait either for an applicable safety recall or check this data if I start to have any problems.
I've found with the TSBs it helps if you have a tame service advisor at the local dealership. Unlike recalls, they're only supposed to do them if you complain about something. The guy I use knows what to write in the "Customer Reports That..." box so it gets approved... 😸

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,358 Posts
I kid you not….using the Subaru app…nothing. Subaru site…nothing. NHTSA …nothing… I’m beginning to wonder if the car is in the system.
What's the manufactured date of your 2019? Our 2019 Limited was produced in 03/19 and we've had three recalls including the latest two.

Reactions: AstroKats

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
Got a dealer appt for next Tues for the latest two recalls.
How many is that now for your '18? We're now up to seven for ours and I think more for the '19.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,358 Posts
When the re-torque recall showed up on my VIN I made an on-line appointment at Tucson Subaru for next Thursday to have the recall performed along with a oil change and tire rotation. Today my go-to service advisor calls and tells me they also want to perform the ignition coil recall and he offered me a loaner car for the day. Now that's what I call service.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
When the re-torque recall showed up on my VIN I made an on-line appointment at Tucson Subaru for next Thursday to have the recall performed along with a oil change and tire rotation. Today my go-to service advisor calls and tells me they also want to perform the ignition coil recall and he offered me a loaner car for the day. Now that's what I call service.
I'm thinking of asking for a loaner with A$$ so I can check it out... 😸

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,504 Posts
Only if you get one with the strap on roof thingee. 🙀

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
At least these recalls are rather simple procedures. No tearing in the engine, etc.

My dealer texted me couple days ago to call them. The ignition coils are not in yet. On wait list. Will do both recalls at sometime. (Sheehy Subaru, Springfield VA)

61 - 80 of 113 Posts