Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,822 Posts
I know it's fun to constantly refresh websites ... but you guys should just give it a little while. Either you'll get a letter from Subaru, or you won't. :sneaky:
What's the fun in that? 😸

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,358 Posts
Upon entering our Crosstrek's VIN at the NHTSA and Subaru websites this morning, only the rear stabilizer bracket bolt recall appears.
Just checked again and now both recalls appear for our 2019 Crosstrek on both the NHTSA and Subaru websites.

Reactions: Stswervus

·
Has Butch tires
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,008 Posts
Both recalls listed for my orange machine. Does anyone know if the coil replacement is dependent on a code or automatic for all recalled vehicles. Told my wife about the possible loose stabilizer bar and she thought that a slightly unstable Crosstrek might go well with my personality. What does she know.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
Both recalls listed for my orange machine. Does anyone know if the coil replacement is dependent on a code or automatic for all recalled vehicles. Told my wife about the possible loose stabilizer bar and she thought that a slightly unstable Crosstrek might go well with my personality. What does she know.
LOL, I'll try that one out on OAK. Hopefully, I won't be sleeping on the cat perch tonight... 😸

Reactions: Stswervus

·
Registered
174 Posts
The ignition coil replacement is not dependent on a code. However, as part of the recall, "If a certain DTC is found to be stored, Subaru will replace the front exhaust pipe at no cost as well."

The DTC in question to be listed in the recall service bulletin, which hasn't been publicly released yet. I'll post the link when it's available.
Edit: Here's the link: RCRIT-21V264-8334.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

Additional info:

"Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain 2017-2019 model year Impreza and 2018-2019 model year Crosstrek vehicles to check and/or update the ECM programming, and to replace all four ignition coils in each vehicle. A total of 466,205 U.S. vehicles will be affected by this recall.

This new recall will supersede Subaru’s previous WUQ-02 ignition coil reprogramming recall issued in October 2019. All vehicles previously affected by the WUQ-02 recall will be affected by this new recall, WRE-21, and must return to complete the WRE-21 recall repair."

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,358 Posts
This new recall will supersede Subaru’s previous WUQ-02 ignition coil reprogramming recall issued in October 2019. All vehicles previously affected by the WUQ-02 recall will be affected by this new recall, WRE-21, and must return to complete the WRE-21 recall repair."
Thanks, I was wondering about that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a 2019 Limited and I’ve been checking everywhere. I’ve never had a recall on this vehicle. Only thing was a notice to upgrade the maps.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
I have a 2019 Limited and I’ve been checking everywhere. I’ve never had a recall on this vehicle. Only thing was a notice to upgrade the maps.
Are you sure you're typing in the right VIN, LOL! The '19s had more than the '18s or '20s at one point. Don't know how that stands now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Are you sure you're typing in the right VIN, LOL! The '19s had more than the '18s or '20s at one point. Don't know how that stands now.
With the latest 2 recalls, total for the 2019MY is 7. However, each recall only includes a select number of the '19's, so certainly possible there are none for your vehicle. Lucky you.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I kid you not….using the Subaru app…nothing. Subaru site…nothing. NHTSA …nothing… I’m beginning to wonder if the car is in the system.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
I kid you not….using the Subaru app…nothing. Subaru site…nothing. NHTSA …nothing… I’m beginning to wonder if the car is in the system.
You could check the PCV valve. They were different colors depending if they were good (blue) or bad (pink).

41 - 60 of 113 Posts