Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,898 Posts
Got my letter from Subaru Canada today for the ignition coil recall. I actually called my dealer yesterday and asked about it and they said they wouldn't have the parts for a week or two. The letter I received today also says they don't have parts yet and I will get another letter when the parts are available. Reminds me of when I had a recall for the passenger side airbag for my Audi. That only took about a year to get the part in!
The ignition recall is just a reprogram unless they find the coil has been damaged. I guess they don't want to risk having to do it twice.

·
Registered
2019 Limited with Eyesight
373 Posts
Yes, I got my recall letter yesterday for my 2019 Limited. As AstroKats stated it's a reprogram unless damage is seen on ignition coil. Letter to follow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Subaru Canada has announced two new recalls that involve nearly 80,000 Impreza and Crosstrek models across the country.
In the first recall, which targets the 2017-2019 Impreza and 2018-2019 Crosstrek, 52,707 units are affected. Apparently, the engine control unit (ECU) may have been programmed incorrectly.
As a result, the internal temperature of the ignition coils may increase, potentially causing a short circuit and a blown fuse leading to a sudden loss of engine power with an inability to restart.
Subaru dealers will reprogram the ECU and inspect the ignition coils. If ignition coil damage is found, the ignition coil will be replaced. On vehicles with ignition coil damage, if a certain trouble code (DTC) is stored, the front exhaust pipe will also be replaced.

I know my crosstrek was recently in for a stereo update but nothing was mentioned about the ECU. Anyone having any issues ?
I got my recall note for the ignition coil Monday. They were able to fit me in relatively quickly.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
I got my recall note for the ignition coil Monday. They were able to fit me in relatively quickly.
All of ours have now been done. Maybe there's a difference in how it's being handled in Canada? A justification for a separate recall thread for Canada, perhaps? 😸

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Isn't it this thread? :unsure:
Yes, why I acknowledged it. There are several recall threads going now. IMHO a special Canadian one only adds value if the recall info is different from North America. I'm not seeing that yet, other than the availability of parts, and some areas of the US, and specific dealers, are lacking parts, too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
PVC and coil letters received today. We'll book in the new year. When I spoke to the service rep the other day he'd heard about the brake hose and "heard" about something to do with the rear suspension but nothing official on either. I'm getting a strong oilie gassie smell in the passenger cabin when I have outside air coming in. Smell stops when I have air intake on recirculate. I'm thinking if the PVC has come apart engine fumes could be coming into the engine compartment and then into the cabin. We'll see.

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
1,919 Posts
The only diff with Canada, is the recall comes out a month or two later, and the parts even longer. But the recall descriptions are the same.

We're used to eating leftovers...

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
The only diff with Canada, is the recall comes out a month or two later, and the parts even longer. But the recall descriptions are the same.

Yup and I just got my notice yesterday.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts

Yup and I just got my notice yesterday.
If it makes you feel any better we're still getting paper notices, even though we had the recalls done ages ago... 😸

·
Registered
210 Posts
I spend more time on the outback forum...but should check here more often to find these things out...just checked Subaru online and saw this recall for our car dated October. I’ve had no letter as per the usual recall notices regarding this though. I guess I should also check to see if the pcv valve had the blue or pink ring in it...

·
Registered
2019 Limited with Eyesight
373 Posts
Just had the ignition recall done today. Had it in for an oil/filter and tire rotation and they did the software update. The coils were okay. They look at a silicone seal for any melting. If none, then no coil replacement is required. Took about 30 minutes to install the update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a service campaign in South Africa on my 2018 XV in December 2019 for the brake hoses that could swell, PCV valve replacement and the ECU software reprogramming.

·
Registered
2018 XV 2.0iS CVT in Dark Blue
109 Posts
Curiously, after I had mine in for the ECU recall, 2 "field" stickers were affixed inside my driver's door jam. The 2nd sticker had the code for the PCV which was interesting because it wasn't listed for this recall. No PCV notes on the $0 job invoice. It seems to be Subaru Australia's way of confirming field check / recall has been completed.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts