Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does the 2018 have rear vents or any type of rear ventilation? I can?t really see anything on the Subaru website, specifically for the Premium 6MT trim.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
:iagree: ... Those sitting in the front have to share their cool air or warm heat with their backseat passengers. ... :wacko:

Gerry

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wrong!

There are 2 vents under the driver seat and 2 more under the passenger seat.
Where would they be? And they?re actual blowers, not returns? I have two kids in the back and they tend to beg me for more air in my Outback.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where would they be? And they?re actual blowers, not returns? I have two kids in the back and they tend to beg me for more air in my Outback.
There are no A/C vents, just the underseat heating vents.

Just got the car and haven't sat in the back, so no idea if this is an issue.

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
There are no A/C vents, just the underseat heating vents.

Just got the car and haven't sat in the back, so no idea if this is an issue.
I believe those floor vents will also do A/C... however, the A/C system when set to 'Auto' doesn't use them at all. You would have to override the normal settings and use the 'bi-level' setting where the floor and upper vents are used OR just the floor setting.

·
Registered
956 Posts
And don't pile a bunch of stuff under the seat, like the 500-page Owner's Manual... They need to start making a dedicated door pocket or rear cubby for these encyclopedias they use nowadays. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I found the two front center vents are ideally located to pump air to the back. Unusual but functional, just like everything else Subaru. And yes, whatever you set the climate to will pump through the floor vents.

Lucky for me, my hvac is set window and floor all year.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
No. With some exceptions, I’m an open window guy from late spring until late fall. I just really hate direct airflow onto my face and my hvac has always been set for window and floor. I don’t get heat/ac instant gratification when it’s on but I keep an even all round environment when the windows are closed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts