Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am receiving 2019 Subaru Crosstrek OEM (J501SFL401) rear seat back protectors this week. I have read a few threads and there seems to be the need for adding Velcro strips to keep these panels from 'sagging' in the middle. I have bought some industrial Velco and would like to know if others have had success adding pieces of the 'hook' tape to the back of these 2 panels with or w/o using the cords that go around the headrests. I would rather not use the cords around the headrests if applying additional Velcro would hold these in place and not sag.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am receiving 2019 Subaru Crosstrek OEM (J501SFL401) rear seat back protectors this week. I have read a few threads and there seems to be the need for adding Velcro strips to keep these panels from 'sagging' in the middle. I have bought some industrial Velco and would like to know if others have had success adding pieces of the 'hook' tape to the back of these 2 panels with or w/o using the cords that go around the headrests. I would rather not use the cords around the headrests if applying additional Velcro would hold these in place and not sag.
I installed mine two days ago after adding some additional Velcro at random spaces on the seat protectors. I am not using the cords around the headrests (but I have not yet cut them off just in case -- I'll give it a few weeks to see if I need them). Also, the seat protectors have little lips on the bottom of the child seat anchor cutouts. These lips are suppose to slide up under the plastic anchor housing which gives it some more support in the middle. So far, so good!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed mine two days ago after adding some additional Velcro at random spaces on the seat protectors. I am not using the cords around the headrests (but I have not yet cut them off just in case -- I'll give it a few weeks to see if I need them). Also, the seat protectors have little lips on the bottom of the child seat anchor cutouts. These lips are suppose to slide up under the plastic anchor housing which gives it some more support in the middle. So far, so good!
GREAT! I assume you just used the 'hook' side of the Velcro and taped it to the back of the panels?

I would expect the Velcro tape to work OK for now (I'm also in WA state) and we'll see in time how the tape holds up in the heat of Summer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am not using the cords around the headrests (but I have not yet cut them off just in case -- I'll give it a few weeks to see if I need them).
No need to cut off the cords. With a little time and effort you can push the ends of the cord back through the holes in the rubber mat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
GREAT! I assume you just used the 'hook' side of the Velcro and taped it to the back of the panels?

I would expect the Velcro tape to work OK for now (I'm also in WA state) and we'll see in time how the tape holds up in the heat of Summer.
Yes, just the hook side. I was also thinking the same thing about the heat and the tape coming loose, but that is what Subaru already had on the mats -- they used to also have some plastic push clips that added additional support but they got rid of those.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did my covers today with some added Velcro strips for good measure! I have more of the 'hook' side of the tape if it should need more strips in the heat of Summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts