Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

First new post for me :)
I recently bought a new white XV-S CVT auto and thought it was about time for a quick intro seeing as though I'd been posting replys for a little while. :)

Has anybody out there installed the rear fog light on their XV yet? I Don't think it was an option on the Australian XV for the rear.
Also does anybody know if the switch for it on the indicator stalk remains the same, or is it different and switch in two stages (front only and front & rear)?
Interested to hear.

Cheers

Espa

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2079751 Apparently the wiring was in place for the rear fog on the sedans, but not the hatch backs (both US models) and the indicator stock was not compatible. They ended up getting a indicator stock from Great Britain $$$$$. You could simplify the switch requirement if wiring is required to an on-off switch similar to what is used on older Subaru's that do not have them integrated into the indicator stalk.

What we have found over the years is that Subaru's wiring harness's are different between models making plug and play upgrades more difficult.

Don't let this discourage you, hopefully members from other countries that have the rear fog as standard equipment can do some checking and share some pictures. I'll follow this as I would be interested in doing this mod for driving during foggy or snowstorm conditions.

It would be wonderful if this had come as an accessory option with all that was required for installation, but me thinks that road related laws in different countries might nix it as a consideration. (wishful thinking though).

Attachments

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I've thought about putting a red reflector there so it looks the same
Havnt thought about the fog light as much

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys :)
I also had a look through the owners manual last night and found that the XV with the rear fog lights has a different switching mech on the indicator stalk. It is a two stage mech.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Canada and Canberra I can understand this being a requirement. In SYD I just don't see the need for one.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
We do get fog here in Syd they actually gave a rear fog lights on the Imprezas had one n my 99 RX and my 03 RS sedans
I actually thinking of getting red LED light wired in its place wired up to the park/ Brake light

Simular to what I have on my Trailer

·
Registered
6,727 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
I don't think we can buy that part off Subaru in Australia anyway?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Can you get it via the US Subaru site or aftermarket?
Not available as standard or as an optional feature on any of the North American Subaru's, see my previous post http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/showthread.php?440-Rear-Fog-Light&p=2490&viewfull=1#post2490 don't think it is going to be just a plug and play mod, unless they offer it as a kit somewhere for a base model that might not feature it as standard. And I still think they would not unless it is a country that allows a separate rear fog light (they tend to be bright brighter than normal tailights) we're talking traffic laws. Maybe one of our members whose XV's come equipped can tell us if there is any difference in brightness between the fog light and tail lights.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi Good Dog, please see the photo I posted on the first page for the comparison of brightness.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts