Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

recently I found that the rubber that cover the rear door button is worn. Do you know where I can find a replacement? I live in south America so I’ll have to import it

Thanks

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
683 Posts
When that happened to my 2010 Forester the dealer told me I would have to replace the entire electronic button assembly because the rubber piece alone was not available. So what I did was remove the loose rubber pieces and clean up the white electronic button and surrounding area with isopropyl alcohol. I then placed a piece of black Gorilla tape over the electronic button it to keep out dirt and moisture. Don't use black electrical tape because it will become gummy/sticky in hot weather.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
7,026 Posts
When that happened to my 2010 Forester the dealer told me I would have to replace the entire electronic button assembly because the rubber piece alone was not available. So what I did was remove the loose rubber pieces and clean up the white electronic button and surrounding area with isopropyl alcohol. I then placed a piece of black Gorilla tape over the electronic button it to keep out dirt and moisture. Don't use black electrical tape because it will become gummy/sticky in hot weather.
Too funny! The same thing happened to OAK's sister's last Prius - the plastic degraded and it became gummy. I did the exact same thing, with black Gorilla tape.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answer!!
you’re right, the rubber alone isn’t available. I’ll try to remove the door switch to change the rubber. Hope it will be an easy task.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
683 Posts
No need to remove the door switch. Just put Gorilla tape over it after cleaning it up a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts