Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a 2021 Crosstrek Sport. If the roof steel or aluminum?

Until I save up the money to buy a roof rack and batwing awning i want to be able to buy magnetic hooks (thin felt lining on the part that touches the paint) and some tarp poles to make a nice easy awning that sets up in a flash and comes down just as fast. This won't be for offroading or overlanding, just for tailgating at games so it doesn't have to be hurricane proof or anything, just block some sun and maybe a summer shower now and then

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Subaru XV 2021 2.0i-S (Aust)
210 Posts
Assuming you are talking about the sheeted metal roof, not rails. It is steel on in my car. Magnets stick. Only bonnet is aluminium from what I understand.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming you are talking about the sheeted metal roof, not rails. It is steel on in my car. Magnets stick. Only bonnet is aluminium from what I understand.
Thank you. Yes I was talking about the roof itself, not the rails, I know those are plastic, or at least the outside of them are.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're going to love the Sport. The interior is nice and plush. It's very quiet compared to the older models.
I'm sure I am going to love it if I can ever get my hands on one! I have to start all over in the buying process because the jerkoff salesman at the dealership I went to in PA sold the car out from under me! My name was on it and he sold it to someone else

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm sure I am going to love it if I can ever get my hands on one! I have to start all over in the buying process because the jerkoff salesman at the dealership I went to in PA sold the car out from under me! My name was on it and he sold it to someone else

Wow, that really sucks! Sad thing is you're not the first to have that happen to recently. I'd definitely call Subaru and complain about them. They may offer some help toward another car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts