Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled in to my regular parking lot and did not notice they had added some parking blocks (those concrete bumpers that stop the tires like a curb) at the end of the spaces (I was pulling in between two cars). On my way out, I went straight ahead as usual and discovred their existance when the car hopped up and then back down (Not at very high speed) I carefully continued and drove the rest of the car over the block to get out from between the cars.

I did not hear any scraping and did not feel a hard crashig of anything, but there was a thump (both back and front times).

After a short drive, (drive seems fine), I did look at the front and back of the car, there are no scratches or marks on the body, as far as I can tell I did not hit anything directly by the stop block. Apart from the tire damage that may be caused by the sharpish ends of the block, anything else I should be worried about? Suspension? The car does have engine, gear and back differential skid plates installed.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Check suspension components, tires conditions and balance?and maybe alignment confirmation. Jusr throwing it out there? Good luck

·
Super-Duper Moderator
1,056 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Wekan,

It happens... You definitely won't be the last individual to forget or not see the parking blocks in front of them and drive over them. Although I would not consider this as going 'off road' though. lol

Shouldn't be anything to worry about if the car still drives and behaves like it should.

C.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I did the same thing on purpose when I was a kid, with a 76 Pontiac firebird and didn’t suffer any problems. I never did it again though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,931 Posts
May be worth having a tire shop check the tires. Depending on how hard you hit the block, it may have damaged the reinforcements inside the tire. And you could get an alignment at the same time. With the Crosstrek's ground clearance you shouldn't have any problems underneath.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, I think Ill try and get the tires checked out just to make sure there is no significant damage that can put me in danger of a sudden blowout on the highway.

I definitely appreciate more the clearance the car offers, but will try and keep my adventures for the trails :)

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
I doubt there will be problems. Me personally I would just get it on the highway and see how it tracks and see if it is unbalanced. That's just me.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,455 Posts
Parking blocks are where 8.7" of ground clearance comes in handy. At worst you may have knocked the wheels out of alignment.

·
Registered
Subaru XV 2021 2.0i-S (Aust)
313 Posts
I think it should be fine. I would be surprised if anything other than a wheel alignment is necessary. But a good inspection mentioned about won't hurt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I pulled in to my regular parking lot and did not notice they had added some parking blocks (those concrete bumpers that stop the tires like a curb) at the end of the spaces (I was pulling in between two cars). On my way out, I went straight ahead as usual and discovred their existance when the car hopped up and then back down (Not at very high speed) I carefully continued and drove the rest of the car over the block to get out from between the cars.

I did not hear any scraping and did not feel a hard crashig of anything, but there was a thump (both back and front times).

After a short drive, (drive seems fine), I did look at the front and back of the car, there are no scratches or marks on the body, as far as I can tell I did not hit anything directly by the stop block. Apart from the tire damage that may be caused by the sharpish ends of the block, anything else I should be worried about? Suspension? The car does have engine, gear and back differential skid plates installed.
You can crawl under and check everything visually. Any breaks, scratches, bends, or missing parts might be obvious. I don't know how well you know the undercarriage so just check for any asymmetry, rough edges, and anything that appears to be broken.

You can also feel how the car drives and state that to a mechanic. Any weird vibrations, rattling, and noises and where do you think it is coming from. Any shaking of your steering wheel when speeding, vibrations on the pedal, does the car stray away from lane, etc.

Hopefully your car is fine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My other car is a Civic Type R; the front is obviously very low so I always back it in to spots. I usually do the same for my Crosstrek out of habit. One way to avoid this.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,931 Posts
My other car is a Civic Type R; the front is obviously very low so I always back it in to spots. I usually do the same for my Crosstrek out of habit. One way to avoid this.
My grandfather was a fireman and we all got into the habit of reversing in. However, a lot of parking lots here have spaces that are angled to the flow of traffic so you can't back in.

Reactions: TimTzotz
1 - 13 of 13 Posts