Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
2015 XV Premium, Desert Khaki
If someone needs cars ahead of them to have reflectors they should get offTF road, they're obviously not any safer than leaving the reflectors on cars.

Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
I agree that @erader was being a little snarky but the CA vehicle code requires rear reflectors. If you forget to turn on your lights, or the rear lights fail for whatever reason, it could make the difference between being rear-ended or not. Maybe the reflective bits of the tail lights will qualify but there's a legal reason those reflectors are there and, while the exhausts may look cool, it will be less of a cool situation when the other party's insurance company's lawyer gets involved... 馃樃

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
I agree that @erader was being a little snarky but the CA vehicle code requires rear reflectors. If you forget to turn on your lights, or the rear lights fail for whatever reason, it could make the difference between being rear-ended or not. Maybe the reflective bits of the tail lights will qualify but there's a legal reason those reflectors are there and, while the exhausts may look cool, it will be less of a cool situation when the other party's insurance company's lawyer gets involved... 馃樃
I never disagreed with the guy. I鈥檓 fully aware of the reason why the reflectors are there.

Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
I never disagreed with the guy. I鈥檓 fully aware of the reason why the reflectors are there.
Actually, my comment was directed at some of the other, less-nice ones... 馃樃

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Actually, my comment was directed at some of the other, less-nice ones... 馃樃
I should鈥檝e elaborate. I鈥檝e done way worse to my other toys in terms of legality so the consequences is clear to me. You guys have good points and I understand and appreciate the concerns.

Cheers!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts