Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will never use the rails so I got rid of them. Flows much better with the spoiler.

Took me 4 hours total with some long breaks in between. The headliner does not have to be dropped.

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
Looks killer....Noice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
@ “ccps and wingman”
Bear with me as I am on my mobile. I’ll update y’all with the part numbers and the OEM procedure to do this cleanly. All and all it should be around $150 for all the parts shipped to you.

Do this at your own risks.

Tools.
. Ratchet
. 10mm short and long
. 14mm short
. Short 3/8” extension
. Plastic panel removal tool. The flat pry bar looking one.
. Flat head and Phillips screw driver.

Pillars panels removal to get to the rails.

1. Disconnect negative battery terminal.

2. Take off sun visors and unclip harnesses.

3. Take off “oh **** handles” using flat head.

4. Take off A, B pillar panels with plastic panel removal tools. The B pillar seat belt is a little weird but take your time and you’ll see how it’ll come off. You will need the 14mm socket here.

5. Take off the rear panels for the luggage area. There are 3 Phillips screws each back there. Again, use the panel removal tools to prevent scratches.

6. Once all the panels are off gently pull down on the edge of the headliner and you should be able to feel the 10mm nuts securing the rails to the roof. Maneuver the 10mm sockets in there using the extension and undo them from the roof.

The nuts are right next to the curtain airbags so don’t try to force anything. It’s a clear shot to the nuts so you won’t have to manipulate the liner excessively. I did this to a Premium 6MT so there’s no sunroof or eyesight to deal with.

7. Once the rails are off you will essentially have to replace them with all new OEM parts from the Impreza. Some clips from the rails will need to be reused. They’re cheap anyway.

Reuse the little little nickel size rubber gadget at the two rear most brackets so that it’ll seal the holes to prevent leaks. I’ve driven for a few months in crazy rain already without any leakage. Subaru sealed the rails the same way.

8. Reverse of the above and you will have a clean XV.

Will update with part #s and OEM instructions whenever I make it home.

Edit: Link below.

Factory procedure.

I did not used the complete procedure as I was working on this since I've realized half way through the panel removal that it was unnecessary to drop the liner as well as the extra panel in the luggage area.

The procedure in the above link is very extensive and pretty much telling you to remove a ton of stuff.

Parts from the Impreza wagon.

Parts​
Part Numbers and Description​
Qty.
Part No.: 91066FL000
BRACKET MOLDING ROOF​
4​
Part No.: 91048XA00A
FASTENER MOL A​
2​
Part No.: 91046FL25A
MOLDING ROOF LH​
1​
Part No.: 91046FL24A
MOLDING ROOF RH​
1​

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
First picture. These are the Impreza metal plugs and plastic clips installed in place of the rails.

Second picture shows the Crosstrek rail on the left and the installed Impreza rails delete on the right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@ “ccps and wingman”
Bear with me as I am on my mobile. I’ll update y’all with the part numbers and the OEM procedure to do this cleanly. All and all it should be around $150 for all the parts shipped to you.

Tools.
. Ratchet
. 10mm short and long
. 14mm short
. Short 3/8” extension

4. Take off A, B pillar panels with plastic panel removal tools. The B pillar seat belt is a little weird but take your time and you’ll see how it’ll come off. You will need the 14mm socket here.
5. Take off the rear panels for the luggage area. There are 3 Phillips screws each back there. Again, use the panel removal tools to prevent scratches.

6. Once all the panels are off gently pull down on the edge of the headliner and you should be able to feel the 10mm nuts securing the rails to the roof. Maneuver the 10mm sockets in there using the extension and undo them from the roof.

The nuts are right next to the curtain airbags so don’t try to force anything. It’s a clear shot to the nuts so you won’t have to manipulate the liner excessively. I did this to a Premium 6MT so there’s no sunroof or eyesight to deal with.

7. Once the rails are off you will essentially have to replace them with all new OEM parts from the Impreza. Some clips from the rails will need to be reused. They’re cheap anyway.

Reuse the little little nickel size rubber gadget at the two rear most brackets so that it’ll seal the holes to prevent leaks. I’ve driven for a few months in crazy rain already without any leakage. Subaru sealed the rails the same way.

You are th
@ “ccps and wingman”

Tools.
. Ratchet
. 10mm short and long
. 14mm short
. Short 3/8” extension

Edit: Link below.

Factory procedure.

I did not used the complete procedure as I was working on this since I've realized half way through the panel removal that it was unnecessary to drop the liner as well as the extra panel in the luggage area.

The procedure in the above link is very extensive and pretty much telling you to remove a ton of stuff.

Parts from the Impreza wagon.

Parts​
Part Numbers and Description​
Qty.
Part No.: 91066FL000
BRACKET MOLDING ROOF​
4​
Part No.: 91048XA00A
FASTENER MOL A​
2​
Part No.: 91046FL25A
MOLDING ROOF LH​