Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
One of the best tips I got off this forum was to tune the radio to XM Channel 1 (or is it 0?). There's nothing broadcast on that channel so it doesn't matter that the radio turns on automatically (or how loud you left the volume). This works very well for me because I only use Apple CarPlay to listen to music. I don't listen to any radio stations. Maybe this tip will be helpful for others too so I'm passing it on. 馃憤

Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
One of the best tips I got off this forum was to tune the radio to XM Channel 1 (or is it 0?). There's nothing broadcast on that channel so it doesn't matter that the radio turns on automatically (or how loud you left the volume). This works very well for me because I only use Apple CarPlay to listen to music. I don't listen to any radio stations. Maybe this tip will be helpful for others too so I'm passing it on. 馃憤
Yeah, I read that somewhere, too, but OAK likes to listen to the radio, so when I drive the car I just turn the volume down to zero.

Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
Yeah, I read that somewhere, too, but OAK likes to listen to the radio, so when I drive the car I just turn the volume down to zero.
I'm embarrassed to admit how long it took me to figure out who or what an OAK was when I first joined this forum - other than one of my favorite kind of trees. Over time, it finally sunk into my thick skull, however. 馃槵

Prefers non-orange cars
I'm embarrassed to admit how long it took me to figure out who or what an OAK was when I first joined this forum - other than one of my favorite kind of trees. Over time, it finally sunk into my thick skull, however. 馃槵
Ha, ha, my fault for trying to create a login for both of us for her car. If it takes her where she wants to go, that's all she cares about, LOL!

Registered
2018 Premium 6MT
I've had luck by shutting the stereo off, by pressing the volume knob until it shuts off. I don't believe it turns on again until you power it up.

Registered
2018 Premium 6MT
I can understand the poster's frustration with Subie being so G-D cheap they omitted a power button. I do not want to have to turn the volume down each time I turn the car off just to prevent the radio from auto-starting upon next power up. PUT A G-D POWER BUTTON ON THE UNIT! Likewise, but a G-D temp gauge on the dash, not that ridiculous blue LED. These little touches of cheapness keep the car from being delightful.
Long press the volume button.

Prefers non-orange cars
Long press the volume button.
Sigh... SO many posts about this...

Yes, you can shut off the HU but what if you want to make a phone call or use nav?

Reactions: Phil76

Registered
The avalanche has already started.
Sigh... SO many posts about this...

Yes, you can shut off the HU but what if you want to make a phone call or use nav?
XM Channel 0 or 1? I think one of those is actually just silence鈥. I鈥檝e gotten into the habit of just tapping that station memory button when I want the 鈥渞adio鈥 to be silent but still be able to use NAV and potentially make hands-free calls.

Prefers non-orange cars
XM Channel 0 or 1? I think one of those is actually just silence鈥. I鈥檝e gotten into the habit of just tapping that station memory button when I want the 鈥渞adio鈥 to be silent but still be able to use NAV and potentially make hands-free calls.
Circle back around... 馃樃

What if you listen to the radio?

Registered
The avalanche has already started.
Circle back around... 馃樃

What if you listen to the radio?
O. No. NO!! O GOD. NO!!!

Stop that! Don鈥檛 confuse the situation!

馃槣

Reactions: AstroKats
61 - 70 of 70 Posts