Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Crosstreks and each of them does the same thing. I use Apple Car Play. When a call comes in, I answer with the wheel-mounted button. The calls are great and audio quality is way better than my Hondas. One bummer is that when I hang up on the call, the radio does not come back. I have to hit the Radio button under the display, which gets me back my radio. But then it is two button touches to get Maps back.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? One of my Crosstreks is a 2019 and the other, a 2021 Sport, manual transmission.

Thanks all,

Marc

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek Premium, Sunshine Orange
320 Posts
Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?
The mind of an auto designer works in strange ways, resulting in strange and illogical functions of automotive systems.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have a '21 Sport, using an IPhone XS so Apple Car Play. When I hang up, the radio un-mutes and continues to play. I thought maps came back too if that is the screen I was on but would have to try to be sure. The radio un-muting though is a given. Just tonight, I had hung up a call and by that time was parked. When the radio came back on it was blaring since I had it turned up when I was driving, lol!

·
Registered
2019 Premium
74 Posts
I have two Crosstreks and each of them does the same thing. I use Apple Car Play. When a call comes in, I answer with the wheel-mounted button. The calls are great and audio quality is way better than my Hondas. One bummer is that when I hang up on the call, the radio does not come back. I have to hit the Radio button under the display, which gets me back my radio. But then it is two button touches to get Maps back.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? One of my Crosstreks is a 2019 and the other, a 2021 Sport, manual transmission.

Thanks all,

Marc
My 2019 does this as well. Not a big deal but it's a little niggle I dislike.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Tried mine today to verify. 1st call, went straight back to the radio. 2nd, went dead after hanging up, like the radio locked up. 3rd I was listening to Sirius. The call ended and then it started playing from my phone. I guess there is a problem after all. SMH

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,931 Posts
Tried mine today to verify. 1st call, went straight back to the radio. 2nd, went dead after hanging up, like the radio locked up. 3rd I was listening to Sirius. The call ended and then it started playing from my phone. I guess there is a problem after all. SMH
What firmware version?

·
Prefers black cats
12,931 Posts
Rel_UA.19.36.70

It's new in July but should connect to WIFI to see if there are any updates.
That's pretty old. If you don't have Wi-Fi or nav you may need to have the dealer do it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
That's pretty old. If you don't have Wi-Fi or nav you may need to have the dealer do it.
Ok, thank you. I'll try WiFi. You would of thought part of the prep work would be to update the car to the most up to date software at the time of delivery. For the car ECM as well. At least that is how my other brands have worked over the years.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Took a bit but got it done. It said the car was connected to WiFi but would not check for any update. Kept saying to connect to WiFi or the Aha app. I tried as the instructions say to turn it off and on with no luck. Downloaded the app then it worked but have no idea if that was the solution or the update checker worked as it should have to begin with. The radio dosn't give much info on what is going on. Updated to Rel_UA.20.38.70 .Didn't take all that long. Downloaded then installed the 4 packages. #3 was the longest, the system files.

·
Prefers black cats
12,931 Posts
Ok, thank you. I'll try WiFi. You would of thought part of the prep work would be to update the car to the most up to date software at the time of delivery.
You would have thought...😸

Reactions: sas-XV
1 - 11 of 11 Posts