Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Crosstrek Sport
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've only had my Subie for 6 months and have already taken it on more than a few multi-state trips where I've inevitably lost interior space and needed to strap bulkier items on the roof. At first, the mounting choices I made worked great but when I came into a sudden downpour and had to think quick leaving Montana, I made a pretty gnarly mistake in using my tarp to wrap everything up. Needless to say, 40 miles later after heavy rain, I began to hear the tarp making all kinds of noise and when I stepped out to tighten everything up, I see my tarp was ripped to shreds and had scratched up the whole roof. That was the last time I put anything up there and have been looking for racks ever since.

I'd done a ton of research on different racks and had been extremely interested in the Prinsu rack after seeing tons of awesome builds with them but after watching a few reviews videos, I had to scrap the dream of a Prinsu system since I didn't want to drill into the roof and effectively make the Prinsu a permanent mod. Or at least I thought so until I came across the Front Runner Slimsport rack and had to have it.

Anyways, I sat on my decision for 2 weeks and ultimately went through with the purchase + decided it needed something attached to it asap! Everything came in relatively quick and I didn't waste anytime on slapping everything on and taking a small trip to test it out and I couldn't be any happier with the rack. Wanting to expand more on the design already but I'll post pics here of what she looks like now and will continue to update for anyone who's interested.
Sky Car Daytime Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Crosstrek Sport
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I just watched an install video of this thing and it's intense. It does look really clean when it's installed, and who knows maybe an Impreza hatch might want your old rack.
Thanks man, I'm really glad with how it turned out. Yeah, the one video I could find on YouTube kind of had me questioning if I could do it in a day but I figured out how to do it with minimal effort.

I'm open to selling my old rails but I'm in California and judging on your badge, I'm assuming you're in Canda lol. Shoot me an offer though if you want them still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts