Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just did the Anderson design fabrication 2 inch lift, I am running Method 502s with General Grabber 225 70 R15 tires. I also have Rally Armor mud flaps.

I got a few issues:
Im still rubbing with sharp turns and I rub when I reverse and cut the wheel. Im rubbing on the mud flaps and the black plastic wheel well inserts. No rubbing on rear wheels. Why am I rubbing and does anyone else run this set up and not have rubbing issues?

I also have a very slight shimmy when taking off quickly from a stop up to about 10-15 mph in first gear only. Does any one else have this issue?

Lastly I got an wheel alignment and I cant tell if they did it right - I feel like I got screwed when I look at the printout, some of this looks like its out of spec according to the max and min range. Wondering if I should go back and make them fix and or explain it.

Also looking to go off-roading in Jackson, NJ this weekend if anyone is interested...

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
I rubbed the first 6 months with my 225/70/16 Grabber AT2s and Gorilla flaps. Eventually the rubbing went away by the mudflaps and plastic trim bent out of the way of the wheel. I haven't had any issues since. Four years of Grabber AT2s and Team Dynamics wheels for me. For reference, I have no lift at this time.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I rubbed the first 6 months with my 225/70/16 Grabber AT2s and Gorilla flaps. Eventually the rubbing went away by the mudflaps and plastic trim bent out of the way of the wheel. I haven't had any issues since. Four years of Grabber AT2s and Team Dynamics wheels for me. For reference, I have no lift at this time.
Pretty much like new shoes, you do feel taller.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the ADF 2 inch lift along with the Method 502VT/BFG 215-75/15, and the Gorilla flaps. Mine rubs on the front plastic when I cut the wheel slightly, and I notice it the most when in reversing with the wheel slightly turned. A heat gun might fix the issue, but it doesn't bother me too much. Its amusing when in a parking lot and everyone turns their heads thinking you road rashed a curb or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever find a solution to your shimmy? I have the same exact setup and same exact problem.

i was able to fix my reversing run by drilling new holes into my front wheel arch where it attaches to the bumper. The new holes hold the wheel arch just a little bit forward.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium
81 Posts
Did you ever find a solution to your shimmy? I have the same exact setup and same exact problem.

i was able to fix my reversing run by drilling new holes into my front wheel arch where it attaches to the bumper. The new holes hold the wheel arch just a little bit forward.
member: 296144"]

[/QUOTE]
Hey guys,

I just did the Anderson design fabrication 2 inch lift, I am running Method 502s with General Grabber 225 70 R15 tires. I also have Rally Armor mud flaps.

I got a few issues:
Im still rubbing with sharp turns and I rub when I reverse and cut the wheel. Im rubbing on the mud flaps and the black plastic wheel well inserts. No rubbing on rear wheels. Why am I rubbing and does anyone else run this set up and not have rubbing issues?

I also have a very slight shimmy when taking off quickly from a stop up to about 10-15 mph in first gear only. Does any one else have this issue?

Lastly I got an wheel alignment and I cant tell if they did it right - I feel like I got screwed when I look at the printout, some of this looks like its out of spec according to the max and min range. Wondering if I should go back and make them fix and or explain it.

Also looking to go off-roading in Jackson, NJ this weekend if anyone is interested...
Maybe this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts