• Two Piece Assembled Toilet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single Unit...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I decided our 15yr old IKEA bamboo floor has served its purpose. For $800 in materials, we cannot complain all that much. Our new floor arriving next week will be much more than $800.

The over scrutinized toilet debate now is 1 or 2 piece units... I know the weight difference in moving them around and trying to get them placed into position can be a PITA. And is a bold lettered CON leading factor for 2 part assembly. But having a single item to not worry about tanks cracking, or rubber gaskets leaking is a big pro for them. Both of which we've had in the past.

The outgoing toilet was a no-name brand that I swear swallowed 5 gallons with every flush.... Multiple Minions <13 help the water usage too. :censored:

Compounding our search.... limited on height due to a one piece quartz countertop that goes across where the tank would reside.... I'm at 30.25" on bare slabs.... :oops:

Anyone have single unit toilet?

C.

Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Wow, where to go with that, LOL! Do they have Eyesight now? Better make sure the firmware is up to date... 馃樃

FWIW, OAK remodeled this place just before I moved in about 14 years ago and we have low flush Toto toilets (two piece). Both have been leaking lately and I can't get any original parts. Grrr

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Don't you think Toilet talk is a nice distraction for everything going on?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
My BIL is an exec at Acorn Engineering.

He got wind of me needing a new toilet and offered me a heavily discounted toilet from his company. 'said he would even deliver it personally, if I said yes... (Read that as free)

Given, his company have very unique clients. 馃

He knows it'd be for me, not my wife. 馃槅

I politely declined.

C.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
A few of the Forester guys have been recommending ToTo one piece toilets...

No one mentioned American Standard.... :unsure:

Registered
Can't say I've ever had an issue with a 2 peice that wasn't universal to all; decayed wax bowl ring, flapper and fill vlave.
My opinion on them is to pay for what you want.

Me? I focus on function over cost so the $100 Home Depot special made it to my powder room (I've been told its called that) but I'm waiting to move so I can get one of those awsesome Japanese models.

Registered
Anyone using a bidet?

Registered
I tried it once in Paris. It was cold and I didn鈥檛 enjoy it. Awesome fountain though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Pulled the trigger on a Kohler one piece.

Mainly because it was in stock. Toto's required too much lead time. (Same for AS)

Clearance between top of tank and my counter will be tight.. 1.5-1.75" depending on combined thickness of flooring/underlayment...

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Temporary computer digs... Luckily the weather supposed to be nice this week.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Ended up going with a Kohler one piece.

Floors are in too...

Registered
Nice! Have you christened it yet? 馃樃

Registered
Found Hello Kitty (Hello Shitty, now) tp at a San Diego Asian store a couple of months ago.

Reactions: HeyChris

Registered
Pretty disrespectful to the poor kitties on the paper! 馃樃

1 - 15 of 15 Posts