Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case it helps anyone, I've tracked down some specs for the 2019 stock battery, here, along with a purchase link if you live in Australia and are a masochist.

The number most people are interested in is the CCA, which is a pathetic 465, right in line with the very cheapest budget batteries available at retail stores.

This is my car's first winter. The starts have always been a little slower than I'd like, and when I start it on a cold evening in the train station lot, I can hear it struggle a bit. It hasn't actually failed to start, but it's getting an AGM battery before next winter rolls around.

·
Registered
330 Posts
On trips back to Oz to see family I was surprised to notice that the battery in Oz passenger vehicles was much smaller than the ones standard in North American vehicles. The batteries were, and maybe still are, about the size of a motorcycle battery in North America. This Panasonic battery link the OP posts above might be only 465 CCA but as the Oz winter is not cold and there isn't any cold oil to crank around in a frozen block 465 is way more than ample. The cost of that Panasonic battery is eye-watering but Panasonic has always thought of themselves as special. I'm sure that's not a typical price on a standard Australian-made 12 volt car battery.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure you're right about all of that. But that is the Panasonic part number listed in the manual for my US-spec 2019. It just happened to be an Australian site where I found it for sale. I imagine they wouldn't sell a lot of them in the US or Canada. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts