Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the full set from Primitive and installed them this weekend. Perfect fit, complete bolt on and well constructed.
If you're gonna drive your XV off road these are a necessity and you won't regret purchasing them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First off, I put this info. out there for anyone who was considering purchasing skid plates. I installed them w/o the benefit of a lift or jack stands, in my unheated garage. If you want pic's, you're welcome to come and take them or go to Primitive's web site.
Useless!

·
Registered
492 Posts
In many forums, people post about what they have installed by talking about it and posting pictures. Many people make choices on a purchase by literal and visual reviews. I know for me, pictures are very helpful because it can be great if it's a breeze to install, but if I don't like how it looks, I won't buy it.

For what it's worth, Primitive's site doesn't show pics of the skidplate installed.

·
Premium Member
8,374 Posts
Hi All,

Let's take a couple of deep breaths here and count backwards from 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... :)mad: --> :))

grassieflats - thanks for sharing the install and your thoughts on the fit and suitability. One of the things I've noticed about car forums (or any enthusiast forums) is the big desire from the membership to have pictures on their triumphs and defeats - both in the people making the triumphs and the people reading about it. Sure, there are pictures of various aspects of things all over the 'net but people post them all of them - do you know how many pictures I've seen of the same mudflaps on different cars (and yes, I'm talking about those Rally Armour ones)? ;) It's just the way how things are!

Everyone else - Let's remember that not everyone is as seasoned an enthusiasts as you are. Please cut them some slack and help them along so that we can build a community.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
In many forums, people post about what they have installed by talking about it and posting pictures. Many people make choices on a purchase by literal and visual reviews. I know for me, pictures are very helpful because it can be great if it's a breeze to install, but if I don't like how it looks, I won't buy it.

For what it's worth, Primitive's site doesn't show pics of the skidplate installed.
Yes, you are right about Primitive's website. It is seriously Primitive. I was on it last night.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I would have loved to see pics of the install and the finished product but if he didn't take pics then he didn't take pics.
I don't see why people have to get so huffy and be mean about it?
pics would have been great though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just received the full set from Primitive and installed them this weekend. Perfect fit, complete bolt on and well constructed.
If you're gonna drive your XV off road these are a necessity and you won't regret purchasing them.
Good on you Grassie, they worth their weight in gold. I have the Subaextreme here in Aus and it is an absolute must for off roading. Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Grassie was right the easiest installation less than 30 minutes to install all three plates and no need for ramps, jacks or pictures just follow primitive racing instructions the under carriage is now fully protected

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would have loved to see pics of the install and the finished product but if he didn't take pics then he didn't take pics.
I don't see why people have to get so huffy and be mean about it?
pics would have been great though.
I sent Primative an email today to get quote for all three plates shipped to my zip code.

Assuming no one else has provided photos I'll do so when mine arrive.

Be patient though. I understand he's a one-man show, and I only work on cars when it's sunny and between 60-89 degrees out :D

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
ps this guy is a horrible driver....
In defence of Mr. Eklund who is an active rally car race driver, won a few events as well as placed, holding numerous well attended rally schools on the west coast throughout the year, builds various class rally cars and maintains many as well, there is a certain amount of self preservation driving a car loaned by Subaru (they often loan out cars to develop accessories before hand), you may not want to spoil any chance of future models being loaned to you if you bring it back smucked up. Besides the XV is stock.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts