Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys regret not spending an extra couple grand for the Limited trim? If you could go back, would you buy the Limited instead of the Premium?

Don't really care for the leather seats, bigger wheels, or even the headlights. Not having gauges for oil and coolant temperature still kind of bothers me.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Same feelings as you, plus the techie stuff. Down the road, maybe I'll add a ScanGuage II for oil, coolant temp and CVT fluid temp if possible.

artosa

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
From a CDN Sport perspective, no regret. I would have liked the heated steering wheel but I think that's the only thing. However, it wasn't about a couple thousand difference. In my case the lack of a MT in the Limited for 18+ sealed he deal.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have a 16, so the 18" wheels weren't a thing. At the time every Limited around here had moonroofs, which I did not want, as I wouldn't use it much and it made the headroom feel too cramped for me. I actually prefer cloth seats to leather. But I would have liked to have the power seat. I really didn't know if I wanted Eyesight or not. I didn't know enough about it at the time. I do like the signal lights on the outside mirrors.

Taken as a whole, the greater adjustability of the driver's seat is probably the only thing I really miss having. And that wasn't worth the cost to me at the time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
From a CDN Sport perspective, no regret. I would have liked the heated steering wheel but I think that's the only thing. However, it wasn't about a couple thousand difference. In my case the lack of a MT in the Limited for 18+ sealed he deal.
There isn't a heated steering wheel option. At least not in the US version.

That's the only thing about my Limited that I would add.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I kinda do not regret my Premium choice. HOWEVER, coming from the muscle car world, I sorely miss not being able to monitor the engine/tranny temps. It's almost unforgivable to not have at least a temp readout. SHAME ON YOU SUBARU! If I had known this before I bought it, I might have looked more seriously at a Limited. But I was trying to get away from leather. And the larger wheels, LED headlamps and 8" display didn't get me to breathing any harder. So in the end, the price difference probably would have caused me to go with the Premium anyway. It has everything I wanted with the electronics, moonroof, cloth.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have a '16 premium and I love it.I didn't want leather seats because they get hot in the summer and cold in the winter vs the cloth seats.I didn't want the moon roof because it reduces headroom and adds weight as high on the car as possible which raises the center of gravity which effects handling.I also don't want the risk of the glass shattering.I can easily live without power seats and automatic climate control.For '18 and '19 I love the premium wheels.I would rather have the '17 and older wheels than the new limited wheels.The only thing my '16 doesn't have that I wish it did is eyesight.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I like driving manual on the weekends when I'm on the rural side of my state on adventures, but I live in the city and I prefer auto or CVT just for the convenience. Since most of my driving is city, I had to get a CVT because it's less of a hassle in stop-and-go traffic. You have to stop at a light or traffic jam every 10-15 seconds, never went beyond gear 3 in the city in my old car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same feelings as you, plus the techie stuff. Down the road, maybe I'll add a ScanGuage II for oil, coolant temp and CVT fluid temp if possible.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind the keyless entry and push-button start. Would be much easier on life if I didn't fish my keys out my pocket all the time

But I would sacrifice those techs for some temp gauges on the premium lol

·
Registered
521 Posts
I would be miserable without the Limited unless I had the Manual transmission. That's why they make both, people have different taste. Get what you like.

To me: Any ONE of the many Limited features are worth the extra dough to me. Sure, my taste is likely unbelievable to some, but I paid for what I wanted. You are free to not pay for what is not wanted.

The LED lights are bright and turn to bend around corners. I like leather and won't buy a car without it or a moon roof, or the biggest screen I can get, or climate control, or H/K audio... I don't know what was on the package, if there is an option I probably want it. Push button start is a must have. I've turned in rental cars with keys as unacceptable. Love the dimming rear view mirrors with approach lights. Can't drive without the footwell lights that nobody ever gets.

Still, I passed on common choices. The mud flaps are useless to me, and I didn't get them. Don't care about side mouldings or seat back covers to protect carpet I will never see. I have had remote start, and never used it. We are in a cold state, and I do not need remote start. Same for the engine block heater that I have ordered in the past to prepare for a possible trip to the far north in sub zero temps.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't mind the keyless entry and push-button start. Would be much easier on life if I didn't fish my keys out my pocket all the time
That's something that I forgot about that I do not want.Why?Because all a thief has to do is capture the signal from your key.Once they have that signal and the code it's transmitting,all they have to do is transmit that coded signal to your car and they can open it up and drive away like they owned it.It simply makes cars too easy to steal.Is it really that difficult/inconvenient to pull your keys out of your pocket?I don't think so.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
That's something that I forgot about that I do not want.Why?Because all a thief has to do is capture the signal from your key.Once they have that signal and the code it's transmitting,all they have to do is transmit that coded signal to your car and they can open it up and drive away like they owned it.It simply makes cars too easy to steal.Is it really that difficult/inconvenient to pull your keys out of your pocket?I don't think so.
That's one of OAK's favorite features. When she has to drive our Honda she complains that she has to dig down in her purse to find her keys... :D

Everyone to their own.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There were numerous features on the Limited that I didn't find useful or likable, therefore I purchased the Premium. My most wanted feature was the Eyesight which cost me an extra $1400, but well worth it. I'm really impressed with the Eyesight option and definitely have no regrets for getting it.
To spend money on something that you wouldn't use or like would be a total waste of money.
I too detest the idiot lights and someday will probably install some aftermarket gauges.
It's all a matter of preference!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Every morning, I do this:
Step on the brakes without sitting inside the car and then reach-over in-between the dash and the steering wheel to press push button start. The car starts without me inside, and starts fighting the tropical heat. Then I proceed to load my 4-year-old son at the back, while the car gets cooler and cooler.

I've got it down to a .5-1 second action after opening the door. My previous car, a 2002 Honda Civic I had to bend-over, fumble the key into the ignition and then turn, 3-4 seconds.

In my mind, this has justified my purchase LOL.

I'm also realizing I am happy with the car staying stock forever (bone stock for 7 months now, no itch to change anything). The look of the wheels and the headlights really matches my taste. I say the Premium is worth it if you see it as a "finished" car, the Limited is better if you will put the money saved on mods elsewhere.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Premium pretty much checked off all the requirements I wanted. My main requirements: manual transmission, cloth seats, no moonroof, leather wrapped steering wheel, auto headlights, Android Auto. The first 3 requirements I listed already eliminated the Limited. The only thing the Limited has that I wish I had is the LED headlights.

·
Registered
164 Posts
"Is it really that difficult/inconvenient to pull your keys out of your pocket?I don't think so."[/QUOTE]

Well, I do think so. Guys have pockets, Gals have pocketbooks. The "Big Dig" into the bottom of the bag is a pain in the butt and inconvenient. And so isn't adjusting the seats manually.

I was flipping a fairly new car and lucky to get into my 2018 Premium Crosstrek at all. The budget and the circumstances, took the Limited off the table for me. After 1 year I am wicked happy with my vehicle, and still crazy about it, but would have liked the leather, push-button start, and electric seat adjustment. Go for the limited, especially if you plan on keeping the car for a long time. Eye-sight is a must!!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
About this Discussion
94 Replies
50 Participants
AstroKats
Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
At Subaru XV Forum you'll find fellow Subaru XV Enthusiasts to help perfect that Subaru Crosstrek Build, or share all kinds of information about this Subaru from its specs to its design.
Full Forum Listing