Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having problems with the driver side automatic window function? I have the premium model so only the driver side has an auto function. Mine stopped working however I didn't really care. In a recent snow storm though, my buddy and I hit the roads and for some added fun I turned off the traction control. My friend needed to talk to me so I rolled down the window and was surprised to see that the window went down all the way automatically.

Sadly, I recently had to unplug the battery for a speaker install and it reset whatever the TCS off trick did and now my window won't go down automatically. I tried the TCS tricks again but I guess it was a one time deal and it didn't work ): Has anyone else had problems with this?? Anyone have a fix or should I just bring it in to my Subie dealer?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Page 2-20 from your Owners Manual:

Initialization of power window
If the vehicle’s battery is disconnected due
to situations such as battery or fuse
replacement, the following functions are
deactivated.
. One-touch auto up/down function
. Anti-entrapment function
Initialize the power window using the
following procedure to reactivate these
functions.
1. Close the driver’s door.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON”
position.
3. Open the driver’s side window halfway
by pushing down the power window
switch.
4. Pull up the power window switch and
close the window completely. Continue
pulling up the switch for approximately 1
second after the window is closed completely.
5. Open the driver’s side window completely
by fully pushing down the power
windows switch.

·
Registered
523 Posts
This is the same procedure on most cars to reset the auto up feature. It will reset whenever you pull the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is anyone having problems with the driver side automatic window function? I have the premium model so only the driver side has an auto function. Mine stopped working however I didn't really care. In a recent snow storm though, my buddy and I hit the roads and for some added fun I turned off the traction control. My friend needed to talk to me so I rolled down the window and was surprised to see that the window went down all the way automatically.

Sadly, I recently had to unplug the battery for a speaker install and it reset whatever the TCS off trick did and now my window won't go down automatically. I tried the TCS tricks again but I guess it was a one time deal and it didn't work ): Has anyone else had problems with this?? Anyone have a fix or should I just bring it in to my Subie dealer?
did you ever figute out how to fix the wind I w issue? I recently used turned my tract iOS n control off and am now having the same issue with the window

1 - 7 of 7 Posts