Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Yeah I noticed sill plugs absent on the list but mine are in luckily. And my HU firmware was old so I updated it.
I learned a lot on this site after we bought our '18. When we bought mom-in-law's '19 I did my own predelivery inspection. The HU firmware was up to date (I had requested that) but the sill plugs were still in a baggie in the spare tire bay. It was quite comical watching the sales manager and service manager scrambling... 馃樃

Prefers non-orange cars
Same here, we have boxes and boxes of them gathering dust. The only reason we still have them is I'm not sure if I've ripped all of them...

The 8" Harman HU has a CD player. Not sure about the other one. Btw, Harman Kardon is an audio upgrade - the HU is made by Harman International Industries.

Reactions: CRAZYHAWK

Registered
Crosstrek Pre-delivery Checklist, compiled by forum members
updated April 22, 2020

1. Check the ignition wiring under the driver's side to make sure the dealer hasn't installed an immobilizer, etc. See this thread for details: Model Year 2018 and Newer - Button under driver-side fuse box

2. Check if the HU firmware needs updating.

3. Check that the sill plugs were installed.

4. Check the fluid levels for overfill.

5. Check the tire pressures.

6. Confirm that any recalls affecting the vehicle have been resolved. https://www.subaru.com/vehicle-recalls.html/

7. Inspect body and wheels for scratches or imperfections.

8. Confirm that all removable accessories are present -- 2 key fobs, floor mats, lug wrench/jack, owners and service manuals, etc.

9. If you're in a state that doesn't require front license plates, make sure the dealer doesn't drill new plate mounting holes in the front bumper!

10. Confirm mileage is consistent with vehicle history 鈥 was the vehicle just delivered or has it been test driven by other customers?

11. Confirm everything checks out before filling out the 'dealer satisfaction form'. This is important for dealerships and thus offers a point of leverage for the consumer.

--------------------
(original message follows)

I know there was talk about creating a Pre-Delivery Checklist, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe we can start one here...

I've heard of the sill plugs often being left out. (There are only two, right?)

But what else should I look for? What did your dealer forget to do?
Did not do this(bad hombre)and when I got home, checked tires. 38 friggin pounds. Now I need to checked everything else. Thanks

Prefers non-orange cars
Did not do this(bad hombre)and when I got home, checked tires. 38 friggin pounds. Now I need to checked everything else. Thanks
Sill plugs! Half the time they don't bother...

61 - 67 of 67 Posts