Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have an iPhone plug it into the 2020 Cross trek CarPlay and open pandora app. If pandora keeps opening after you close it on phone. Do not buy the car. Subaru is either unable or unwilling to fix the issues with their head units on2020 cross treks. They say it’s your phone it is not. Do not buy the car until a fix is made.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,822 Posts
Do you have a Crosstrek and are you experiencing this problem? If so, it's the first I've seen and the same infotainment system has been in Subarus since the '17 Impreza. There have been some issues but I haven't seen anyone report this before so maybe there really is something wrong with your phone. Do you have a friend with an iPhone and do they have the same problem with your car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have a Crosstrek and are you experiencing this problem? If so, it's the first I've seen and the same infotainment system has been in Subarus since the '17 Impreza. There have been some issues but I haven't seen anyone report this before so maybe there really is something wrong with your phone. Do you have a friend with an iPhone and do they have the same problem with your car?
Replicated the issue in 3 other 2020 crosstreks with 3 different iphone versions. 2020 has a different head unit.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, the '20 doesn't have a different HU. If you're posting here to solve a problem we may be able to help. If you just want to vent and trash Subaru then probably not.

For starters, make sure you have the latest firmware: Model Year 2018 and Newer - MY18+ Infotainment System FAQs and Tips, and Firmware Updates
I am not here to bash Subaru or to be combative with you sir. (AstroKats) subaru is telling me it is a different version hi. I came to this forum for insight. As the car has been at dealer for a month with no answers. When installing Starlink app on I phone 7 seems to be randomly hijacking infotainment system. Interrupting maps, freezing unit after ending a call freezing radio operation. These issues have not happened were the app is uninstalled on phone.

·
Needs a Butch car
2020 Crosstrek Premium
995 Posts
If Pandora keeps opening on your phone, then it's a problem on your phone's side, probably with the Pandora app.
My 2020 Premium does not have a different head unit.
Also, out of curiosity, why would you want to use carplay? It just seems like a crappier version of bluetooth.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
I am not here to bash Subaru or to be combative with you sir. (AstroKats) subaru is telling me it is a different version hi. I came to this forum for insight. As the car has been at dealer for a month with no answers. When installing Starlink app on I phone 7 seems to be randomly hijacking infotainment system. Interrupting maps, freezing unit after ending a call freezing radio operation. These issues have not happened were the app is uninstalled on phone.
OK, but a first post saying "do not buy this car" isn't likely to get you the help you're looking for here (if you're actually looking for help).

What version of the firmware do you have? Have you tried updating it over Wi-Fi?

Our phones (Android and iPhone) work pretty well with the latest firmware and updates on the phones.

@Sarang, CarPlay and Bluetooth are such different kinds of technology that they can't be compared. Not sure what you meant by that!

I'm not an Apple fan but if you have an iPhone then CarPlay works well in the latest Crosstreks. OAK prefers Google Maps on the HU to Apple Maps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why check the tire pressure? I picked up our new 2020 Limited and immediately got on an expressway and hit 70 mph. Shimmy, shimmy, shake. Back to the dealer whose service guy says, 'Odd, never had that before. Let's check the tires.' They were all around 60 psi ! Service guy says brightly, 'That's like driving a basketball.'

·
Registered
2016 Crosstrek
1,308 Posts
In my experience, Subarus are more sensitive to tire pressure than many vehicles. I preserve the recommended front to rear difference, but bump the pressure up by 3-4 psi.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
86 Posts
I have something to add ?

I Can’t believe this is a common practice, but if you don’t want ugly holes drilled into your front bumper, you have to TELL THEM NOT TO DO IT!

Since the JDM spacing is different than in the US, this was my dealership’s “fix”.
If you need to run a front plate, Trucknets makes a nice frame adapter for $16.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts

I Can’t believe this is a common practice, but if you don’t want ugly holes drilled into your front bumper, you have to TELL THEM NOT TO DO IT!
Since the JDM spacing is different than in the US, this was my dealership’s “fix”.
If you need to run a front plate, Trucknets makes a nice frame adapter for $16.
Good one! Front plates are required here but if I lived in a state where they weren't, that would tick me off.

The OP hasn't posted for a while, though, so I'm not sure how to get it added.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
LOL, didn't want to make the assumption... ?

I'm sure you're already working your fingers to the bone keeping up with the spammers.

Reactions: Montanan

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,556 Posts
Front plate warning added ... let me know if there's anything else from this thread that I missed.

·
Registered
The avalanche has already started.
152 Posts
The ugly issue of Pandora resurrecting itself everytime I close it while in CarPlay is still happening on 2021 Limited with the Harmon Kardon audio system. Tried it with a iPhone SE (original version, still on iOS 12) and an iPhone 7 (iOS 14). Pandora wants to take over EVERYTHING, and when I force it closed, it starts up again. And again. And again.... LOL I finally fixed the damn thing by just deleting Pandora from my phone. :D But it does happen and it's STILL happening when my hubby plugs his phone in.

·
Registered
The avalanche has already started.
152 Posts

I didn't get a change to tell my dealership to not do this (I brought a non-screwed-on plate holder with me when I came to dealership to take delivery), because when I arrived, they'd already put their branded, advertising plate frames on front and back. I was incensed.

I did, however, tell them to peel their vinyl logo off the back of the car.... When the salesman asked me why, I said that if they'd like to negotiate a rental fee for me to drive their logo and name around and provide advertising, I'd be happy to entertain such an offer. Otherwise, if they were not going to pay me a monthly fee to advertise on my car, they could remove it. "Oh." he said, and called up someone from the service area to remove the vinyl. LOL

Reactions: AstroKats

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
I didn't get a change to tell my dealership to not do this (I brought a non-screwed-on plate holder with me when I came to dealership to take delivery), because when I arrived, they'd already put their branded, advertising plate frames on front and back. I was incensed.

I did, however, tell them to peel their vinyl logo off the back of the car.... When the salesman asked me why, I said that if they'd like to negotiate a rental fee for me to drive their logo and name around and provide advertising, I'd be happy to entertain such an offer. Otherwise, if they were not going to pay me a monthly fee to advertise on my car, they could remove it. "Oh." he said, and called up someone from the service area to remove the vinyl. LOL
LOL!

Reactions: CubGeek

·
Registered
Subaru XV 2021 2.0i-S (Australian Model)
80 Posts
This is the check list for when the car comes off the ship and is handed over initially to the distributor I believe. From there I understand it goes to the dealer for a final check. Port Kembla on the stamp is where our cars arrive via ship in Aus. A few things on there to check.

Note our dates are opposite to US so the inspection was not in 2022. We’re one day ahead. Not two years.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
This is the check list for when the car comes off the ship and is handed over initially to the distributor I believe. From there I understand it goes to the dealer for a final check. Port Kembla on the stamp is where our cars arrive via ship in Aus. A few things on there to check.

Note our dates are opposite to US so the inspection was not in 2022. We’re one day ahead. Not two years.
Interesting, never seen one of those.

Two big things that are I see are missing from this list are to install the sill plugs and to update the HU firmware.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts