Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

This is my first post on here. I want to start by saying that I've been lurking on here since before I even got my Crosstrek. This is an awesome forum, and I know there's a ton of people on here that are a lot more knowledgable than I am when it comes to all things cars.

So I'm hoping I could get some help with my first attempt at audio upgrade/installation on my 2021 Crosstrek (BaseModel/StandardAudioPackage). I recently purchased a 12" JBL BassPro powered sub from a friend, and I bought this wiring kit from Amazon. I'd like to install it using the OEM headunit.

The sub accepts speaker-level input. It came with a wiring harness that would be connected to a left and right speaker. Is there any downside to getting signal this way? It would save me from having to purchase an LOC. If I used this method, would I military splice to the front door speaker wires to get signal? Or the back door speakers? Or are they both getting full range frequency?

I found a video showing how to pull the stereo, which seems pretty straightforward, but I'm not sure how to identify the speaker wires once I'm back there. Or maybe I can tap into them behind the kick panel/above the door jamb? Can anyone point me towards a wiring diagram for the car?

Any help/advice/input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I personally have no clue, but I think someone here will be able to help you.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You're going to want one of these adapters so you don't have to chop up your wires. It will plug into the back of the radio, and then the cable that did plug into the radio will plug into it. It gives you the low level to plug into to run your rca cables. And provides a Remote wire. I've always had better luck with the rca's and converting it to the low pass signal in general. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJYVZ8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts