Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good place to take my Crosstrek off-roading near Richmond VA, but I haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go or how to find a place to go? Thanks!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Good luck. Unless you go towards the mountains you'll be hard pressed to find anything good. I'm familiar with several trails in the Harrisonburg and Charlottesville area but nothing towards Richmond. I live in Fredericksburg which is maybe why I don't know of anything in Richmond but if you want details on Charlottesville or Harrisonburg let me know. Forewarning: those trails are where I took my rock crawling jeep. Now there were typically ways around the hard rock crawling stuff but trail damage on an XV may be inevitable.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good luck. Unless you go towards the mountains you'll be hard pressed to find anything good. I'm familiar with several trails in the Harrisonburg and Charlottesville area but nothing towards Richmond. I live in Fredericksburg which is maybe why I don't know of anything in Richmond but if you want details on Charlottesville or Harrisonburg let me know. Forewarning: those trails are where I took my rock crawling jeep. Now there were typically ways around the hard rock crawling stuff but trail damage on an XV may be inevitable.
I live in the Shenandoah Valley and you WILL bash your XV against rocks on a lot of these trails. There is some easy stuff like Saint Mary's Wilderness, but if you don't have aggressive tires you're going to slide into a ditch during the winter and be there until spring.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts