Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
Discussion Starter #1
Had a 2020 2.0 Impreza from the dealer for a week and a half before the car came in.
Picked up the 2021 Outdoor in magnetite grey this afternoon.
Seems a really nice vehicle :D

Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Great color choice! 馃樃

Reactions: Graphite

Registered
Had a 2020 2.0 Impreza from the dealer for a week and a half before the car came in.
Picked up the 2021 Outdoor in magnetite grey this afternoon.
Seems a really nice vehicle :D
Congrats! I picked up mine yesterday, 2021 Outdoor White.
Did you receive all the weather mats included in this version, even from the back rear seat? Or just the cargo mat?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7

Yes got the all weather mats... they weren't giving anything away with these yet... but perfect timing for us that they were available now.
Just moved to NS and needed a car NOW! :LOL:

Registered
I traded my 2018 crosstrek with 36,000 miles and got a new 2021 crosstrek with the larger engine. Both are Cool khaki Grey New one has leather, sunroof, better stereo and 8 in screen. I think the wheels are 18 inch. It does feel like a larger car although I know its the same. Anyway I like the new one and the larger engine makes highway passing a no brainer. I only have 500 miles on in a week and have been varying the speed and have not pushed it yet. The headlights are much brighter and follow the road The push button on off is ok not a fan of the engine turning off at traffic lights. I will have to get into the settings to turn that off as I do lots of stop and go driving

Registered
The push button on off is ok not a fan of the engine turning off at traffic lights. I will have to get into the settings to turn that off as I do lots of stop and go driving
Easier than a setting, it鈥檚 just a button on the bottom left near the traction control button. I leave mine on but there are certain quick-light intersections where I momentarily turn it off.

Registered
I find that the on-off keeps from driving too aggessively. in NYC we go from light to light anyway, so more relaxed knowing I can't jump ahead to fast.

Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
There are a few threads about the stop/start if you want it to permanently turn it off:

Registered
Reactions: Graphite

Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
There are a few threads about the stop/start if you want it to permanently turn it off:

The autostop eliminator doesn't really permanently turn it off. It just enables the button to be a true on/off switch. If you turn it off, it's off until you turn it back on. Once on, it stays on until you hit the button again to turn it off. :)

Congrats on the new car.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16

I wasn't sure about the dealer options on the new car... but decided to go with the underbody corrosion protection ($899) mostly for the 10 year warranty.
Looking under the car yesterday there seems to be quite a bit of overspray. Is this normal? Or does it look like an apprentice did the job?
Apparently the next door Mitsubishi dealers do the underbody stuff for them haha...

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Test fitting Legacy Blitzen wheel (225/50/17) on Crosstrek...

Put the lad to work refitting the original wheel :p

Should look good with the correct size winter tires on...

Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
I wasn't sure about the dealer options on the new car... but decided to go with the underbody corrosion protection ($899) mostly for the 10 year warranty.
A lot of those dealer-sold rust prevention warranties are not backed by the dealer but rather by the company that makes the product. Unfortunately many of those companies are here today, gone tomorrow and out of business if or when warranty claims arise. I'm not saying you wasted your money, especially if you live in the rust belt. Just don't expect warranty coverage if you do develop some rust.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Got a Rego plate today (y)
I think we are pretty much fully legal now! :ROFLMAO:
Finance person at dealership missed my wife off the only document that they required to register it in both our names :rolleyes:
Fortunately I was able to 'gift ' my wife half shares in the vehicle... for another $13 and another bit of paper to fill in and sign!
AND also she (finance lady) gave us a temporary registration until 7th Jan 2021! - due to covid she said.... it turns out that she was completely wrong... it should have been just the normal 30 days! :ROFLMAO:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts