Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm being completely honest...I probably trust animals more than I trust the vast majority of the human population.

So show us your PETS!

Here are my girls Reggie and Beretta

Here are my boys Doc and Dave

and here is my best bud Ruger who made his way to the Rainbow Bridge 10/17

I know you're not supposed to have favorites, but after 10+ years with that doofus I still miss him terribly...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Going to try the video link, never tried it before. I'm in the dark shirt with white writing on the back, my boy Dylan is in the #2 blue jacket, the dog that is in the front, came in 1st place in this event. Lets see if it works.

There is a picture of him in my Album here in his crate, the back of the XV that he loves riding in. And this one Dylan is in the blue muzzle coming out of the starting box on the fly, all 4 off the ground

IMG_3040.jpg

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
OK WISCrosstrek ... how did you get those pictures, beautiful by the way, into the post so neatly??? My video link to youtube worked fine, but inserting that image came in small with a long time loading when you click on it :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK WISCrosstrek ... how did you get those pictures, beautiful by the way, into the post so neatly??? My video link to youtube worked fine, but inserting that image came in small with a long time loading when you click on it :icon_scratch:
I upload them to imgur.com then use the BBCode (Large Thumbnail) link.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I upload them to imgur.com then use the BBCode (Large Thumbnail) link.
Hmmm, I did it using the insert image link on the board and it, well, shall we say leaves a lot to be desired. I don't use any online photo albums, but may have to take a look at that one. My boy, by the way, is a pet first, sleeps in bed with me, and is a fun running dog second. Our racing is strictly hobby, no betting nor money involved, other than our fees to cover costs like park rental and insurance. And now that he's coming up on 9, he's even retired from hobby racing and lure coursing. I love Whippets, sleek, beautiful, friendly, laid-back pups.

Reactions: WISCrosstrek

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Trying to get it here from that imgur but having no luck. Keeps telling me invalid url :( Just pasting it in pastes garbage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bella is our rescue pup – not a pup anymore at 13 but she loves riding in my wife’s new Crosstrek to go out for nature walks. She is a wonderful dog, smart with a sense of right & wrong plus keener social skills than any human I’ve met.

View attachment 270506
Even when they're Doggos, they'll always be our Puppers

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,847 Posts
Black cats, of course! All rescues (because black cats are harder to get adopted).

Here's Lucia, the Queen:

Lucia IMG_5874.jpg

Here's Kody (also our Avatar). He's not the sharpest knife in the block, so we call him Butter Knife:

Kody for pillow IMG_5304.jpg

He also has an extraordinarily long bushy tail:

Kodys Tail IMG_7308.jpg

Here's Ava the scaredy cat. It's unusual to be able to get close enough to her to take a picture:

Ava on the table IMG_6831.jpg

·
Registered
173 Posts
Going with the age before beauty method, first up is my geezer, Harold
harold041209.jpg
14 years ago this past November, I kidnapped him. The people who were supposedly "caring" for him, had left him outside to fend for himself once again. He hadn't been neutered yet, and I learned from the vet that he had a broken leg that had healed on its own. If he had to stay in their care, he would have had a short, brutal life.

These two are the Piranha Brothers, Dinsdale on the left and Doug on the right.
douganddinsdale072609.jpg
They were found as kittens by a woman who wasn't able to bring them in her house, because the resident cat would not allow it. That was around 10½ years ago. I took them in for her and tried to adopt them out, since I already had a full house, but failed miserably in my attempt. Living up to their namesakes, Dinsdale likes breaking and entering, and Doug says terrible things to me when he thinks I'm too slow with breakfast.

My little princess is named Rosie.
Rosie011418.jpg
She's by far the smallest of the lot, at only 6 lbs, but she's got an attitude. I adopted her from the Virginia Siamese Rescue Center in Locust Dale, Va., six years ago this spring. She'll be 7 years old in September.

The latest addition came to the house 2 years ago this coming June, Hermione.
hermie_2016-11-06b.jpg
I had called the vets office about an issue Dinsdale was having. During the conversation with the receptionist, she told me I "had to see" a kitten they had for adoption. I didn't have to see the kitten, but since I was going to town anyway, I stopped in. I saw her face and it was all over. I had a snowshoe Siamese in the previous decade that I still miss terribly, so of course when I saw this one...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went digging through my pics hoping to find some of our girl Dahlia that we adopted on vacation in Minneapolis over 4th of July Weekend 2016. She made her way to the Rainbow Bridge six weeks later, but I'll have to ask my wife to locate them. I was able to find some additional pics of our pack though...

First up are Ruger and Beretta acclimating quite well shortly after they met in late 2008 or early 2009

Fast forward a couple years to the three of us watching TV

Then we have Dave helping me with my 70s Elvis Presley

Here's Doc in 2016 enjoying a Garden Salsa SunChip (he eats pretty much anything you offer to him)

Doc and Dave about to drop the hottest Hip Hop album of the 90s (also in 2016)

and Beretta really embracing her inner Lady and the Tramp

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,847 Posts
Going with the age before beauty method, first up is my geezer, Harold
View attachment 270762
14 years ago this past November, I kidnapped him. The people who were supposedly "caring" for him, had left him outside to fend for himself once again. He hadn't been neutered yet, and I learned from the vet that he had a broken leg that had healed on its own. If he had to stay in their care, he would have had a short, brutal life.

These two are the Piranha Brothers, Dinsdale on the left and Doug on the right.
View attachment 270770
They were found as kittens by a woman who wasn't able to bring them in her house, because the resident cat would not allow it. That was around 10½ years ago. I took them in for her and tried to adopt them out, since I already had a full house, but failed miserably in my attempt. Living up to their namesakes, Dinsdale likes breaking and entering, and Doug says terrible things to me when he thinks I'm too slow with breakfast.

My little princess is named Rosie.
View attachment 270778
She's by far the smallest of the lot, at only 6 lbs, but she's got an attitude. I adopted her from the Virginia Siamese Rescue Center in Locust Dale, Va., six years ago this spring. She'll be 7 years old in September.

The latest addition came to the house 2 years ago this coming June, Hermione.
View attachment 270786
I had called the vets office about an issue Dinsdale was having. During the conversation with the receptionist, she told me I "had to see" a kitten they had for adoption. I didn't have to see the kitten, but since I was going to town anyway, I stopped in. I saw her face and it was all over. I had a snowshoe Siamese in the previous decade that I still miss terribly, so of course when I saw this one...
I think the cats are winning in this thread... ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the cats are winning in this thread... ��
It's funny because I was never really a cat person until I found a little kitten (Dave) in the middle of the road late one October night in 2014. I had grown up with a large dog (Nitro - Akita), and I had Ruger and Beretta for six or seven years by then. I had considered myself more akin to large dogs (always the defender/protector, etc) but as I grow older I have noticed an undeniable trait that I share more closely with cats than dogs.

Dogs are great because they (for the most part) give their love/affection quite freely. They are ever the optimist, typically giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. Cats are more selective with what they choose to invest their time/energy in, making it a slightly different kind of love (when compared to that of dogs).

At the end of the day, I love pretty much any animal I encounter. I've been known to risk a finger or two moving snapping turtles out of the road, and my wife has mentioned more than once that she would be far from surprised if she came home to a deer/turkey/raccoon/anything one day.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ok, I'll play...Here's Bert and Ernie ....Before... Bert and Ernie.jpg

and After.... FB_IMG_1508796583926.jpg

and NO, I didn't pick the names. Otherwise they would have ended up as Smith and Wesson or something.

But they were named to follow a pattern....here is Elmo and Kermit, too.... elmo n kerm.jpg

All four of them get along now. For a while, the bassets were nipping at the labs ankles, but they are all buddies now.

wild bunch.jpg

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Coming up the last weekend in April, Dylan and I will be spending 3 days the America's Family Pet Expo in the Orange County Fairgrounds as exhibitors working/enjoying the Whippet Booth. We represent the Whippets at the Meet The Breeds booths spread around the fairgrounds. Almost every breed of dog is there and we tell people about our breed. Whippet folk are extremely in love with their breed and love sharing them with others.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts