Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved a Curt 13135 hitch for my car as a gift this winter and when I went to have a friend install it, the kit was missing two of the brackets for the bolts, Part # 13135-SP. After calling Curt, going to hardware stores and my local UHaul to get these, everyone has said they are not sold separately and I'd need to purchase a whole new hitch. Is anyone aware of a way to get these two parts without buying an entirely new hitch?

·
Needs a Butch car
2020 Crosstrek Premium
917 Posts
That part number isn't pulling anything up on Google for me and I'm not sure what you're talking about. Can you post a picture or describe it more?

I had to replace the bolts, washers and nuts for my hitch and it wasn't hard to source, but I did not use carriage bolts like the original kit had. I took the bumper and crash beam off to access the top of the bolts so I could hold them in place while torqueing the nuts on.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I traded in my old car with the bolts still in it. I hate the extra weight when not using it, so take it off and leave the hardware ready to go.

I had to source the new hardware to be able to install it on the new car. Torklift, a local trailer and hitch dealer had what I needed. They just went into their spare parts bin and gave me all the bolts, nuts and the washers you're after.

I couldn't find them anywhere else.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
13135_INS-2.gif

Here's the page from the instruction manual with the part highlighted. We tried to see if we could fudge the piece, but no luck so far. So trying to find an actual part or something close enough to work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I traded in my old car with the bolts still in it. I hate the extra weight when not using it, so take it off and leave the hardware ready to go.

I had to source the new hardware to be able to install it on the new car. Torklift, a local trailer and hitch dealer had what I needed. They just went into their spare parts bin and gave me all the bolts, nuts and the washers you're after.

I couldn't find them anywhere else.
Oh wow, that looks exactly like what I need. I guess I could look up a hitch store somewhere close to me?

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Base
172 Posts
You could try contacting etrailer and see if they can help out, they are local to me. Its where I got all my hitch related items for my crosstrek. They do sell the curt hitch hardware separately, however you may be able to get just the plate washer or whatever you want to call it. The next best option would be to get a similar plate from Cooper B-line (or one of the other companies on the market that is similar), they deal mostly with electrical related stuff, but they sell square plate washers that are basically the exact same design and my company uses them a lot, pretty sure that is the route Sarang went for replacing the hardware on their hitch.

EDIT:
etrailer does sell some of those plates individually, but they are a 1/2" shorter, however I am not sure if that really would make a big difference in this case. If you are looking around local for them, you can try asking/searching for carriage bolt washer.

·
Needs a Butch car
2020 Crosstrek Premium
917 Posts
FWIW, I found that replacement hardware for my Drawtite hitch was too expensive. I wanna say $60 +shipping.
Instead, I went to Lowe's and spent like half that on some bolts, nuts, and washers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I recieved a Curt 13135 hitch for my car as a gift this winter and when I went to have a friend install it, the kit was missing two of the brackets for the bolts, Part # 13135-SP. After calling Curt, going to hardware stores and my local UHaul to get these, everyone has said they are not sold separately and I'd need to purchase a whole new hitch. Is anyone aware of a way to get these two parts without buying an entirely new hitch?
I did a Google search for:
Part # 13135-SP Curt hitch bracket
and there appeared to be a lot of websites that sell individual parts such as what you are looking to get. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did a Google search for:
Part # 13135-SP Curt hitch bracket
and there appeared to be a lot of websites that sell individual parts such as what you are looking to get. Good Luck!
OK cool. I did the same search with that phrase and only found some stuff. I'm trying the spacer part from etrailer. We'll see if that ends up working when I get it and I'll update again. Thanks for all the replies and information. Appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts