Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2020 Crosstrek -base model, and my phone contacts are not downloading into the car. I've paired/unpaired the phone several times now, downloaded the Android Auto app, and still not downloading my phone book. Does anyone know how to get this to work? Done everything in the manual too and nothing works. The switch in the car to turn on for phonebook download seems to toggle to off once you leave the screen. Also I have a Galaxy S8 phone. Thanks.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,097 Posts
If you're having problems with Android Auto connecting, there have been lots of posts about this here. Try searching for Android. In particular, there was a problem with the latest release on Samsungs and other non-Google brands.

If it's to do with updating contacts in Starlink (i.e. the car's features, not AA) then I haven't much about that.

Make sure you have the latest firmware: Model Year 2018 and Newer - MY18+ Infotainment System FAQs and Tips, and Firmware Updates

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
73 Posts
Also, you have to be sure to click OK on your phone, while pairing, to allow the car to access the contacts list.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Also, you have to be sure to click OK on your phone, while pairing, to allow the car to access the contacts list.
Good point, and something I had problems with early on. I'd repeatedly get asked, every time I used the car, even if I said OK. Haven't had that problem lately so it may have been fixed in a firmware update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You gotta plug in data transfer usb cable that came with your phone, into the usb slot under driver armrest. Then proceed with setup.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Under settings, under phone, there should be an button to download contacts. Not sure about the base but it can't be that different. Also watch the phone, what the previous person said.

·
Registered
18 Posts
since downloading the new OS for my iphone...it no longer connects via BlueTooth in my crosstrek...but any technology that is wireless has issues...you see it in wifi too.....it makes me mad that technology Geeks put out this that is flawed at best.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Ours have both been working pretty well (iPhone and Android) since the latest firmware updates, both on Bluetooth and via CarPlay/AA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had updates to the software...at least 3, I don't know what one is current today in May 2020...I am going to call Suburu corporate Friday to see if they have a record in their data base to see what I have on the crosstrek and if there is another one....Had I known this kind of problem would come up...I would have bought a Honda.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Here are the latest versions and how to check what you have:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts