Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2023 crosstrek limited
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that have ordered a vehicle from your dealership,how long did it take to get your order number from subaru.For the 2023 crosstrek you ordered? Thanks to all that reply.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am very jealous of American dealers. As far as I know, here in Canada, they don't give out Order Numbers, VONs, or VINs (until they say it's ready to be picked up). I ordered my '23 Sport (Canadian, sunroof) on 3/10, and I have to email/call the sales rep at the dealer every month to get any update on my car. So far, it went from being in the factory and soon to be on the boat, to not being in the factory, to being in the factory, to being delayed until Nov/Dec. Amazes me how other people are getting theirs so quick.

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White Crosstrek Sport with Eyesight, CVT
370 Posts
I am very jealous of American dealers. As far as I know, here in Canada, they don't give out Order Numbers, VONs, or VINs (until they say it's ready to be picked up). I ordered my '23 Sport (Canadian, sunroof) on 3/10, and I have to email/call the sales rep at the dealer every month to get any update on my car. So far, it went from being in the factory and soon to be on the boat, to not being in the factory, to being in the factory, to being delayed until Nov/Dec. Amazes me how other people are getting theirs so quick.
I finally got an order number this morning after placing the order in June 2022. I was advised that the car should be delivered in January 2023. The salesman says the dealer is only getting 10 per month when they would usually have 30 per month. The supply in the USA must be higher than here in Canada.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I placed my order on 9.13.22 and had a VON from Subaru.com one day later. The dealership sales rep. emailed me with the same VON two days later. I was told Late Oct, early Nov delivery. I am in the DC metro area and chose the Subaru dealer with a large inventory...was told this may help because they get more quantity every month.

·
Registered
2022 Crosstrek Limited
8 Posts
Subaru assigns the VON when they receive/accept the order, so you should have it right away or within a few days. You'll get the initial order profile right away, then the system generates a VON after the order is accepted.
The system to generate the order specifics sometimes has a delay. I'm not talking specifics like color and model exactly, more like the additional logistics, where it is coming from, the priority of build, etc.
Usually, it is at the accepting phase. You can also have them check because they can see this status, through their corporate portal.
Mine wasn't generated right away, I got mine the second day after putting the order in.
I didn't get my VIN for a while though. I put my order in early May and didn't receive the car until early July (about 7 weeks)
My order did get placed late in the day, so maybe the why the delay. Could also be because of a Que thing as well, like 20 out of 120 orders have been processed and I'm at like 80.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts