Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limted
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what the cost might be to replace the Hatch on a 2021 Ltd.? Including the backup light lens/assy and the "Crosstrek" nameplate. As opposed to just having a dent repaired and paint.
Gonna be a while till I can get off island for estimates.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limted
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In reality this is just a heartsick vent..... First body damage to a vehicle in 60 years of driving, relatively minor, no operational issues.... but Dang!

·
Registered
2021 Ice SIlver Sport
1,283 Posts
Do you have a picture of the damage? If just a dent and the paint is not cracked, a dent wizard guy can sometimes fix that depending on location and the amount of damage.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limted
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a bit of paint chip just under the corner of the shroud that contains the back up camera and hatch button. So I know it is going to require a bit more than that.
FWIW: Re: Backup camera..... Probably will never rely...ever... on that again :).

Again, more of a vent/rant/self kick in the pants than a question expecting actual answers.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limted
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bench Coaching is hard to do without......

:ttiwwop:
Yeh.... nothing like adding insult to injury..... :) Kinda of pointless at this time anyway... the backup light lens/assy is apparently on backorder "None in the country at this time and no estimate of when it will be available". Not much point in having the dent repaired with out the lens parts in hand.

So glad I chose "Ice Silver" ... not a horrible mismatch for Duct Tape.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
2020 Crosstrek Limited
1,231 Posts
Yeh.... nothing like adding insult to injury..... :) Kinda of pointless at this time anyway... the backup light lens/assy is apparently on backorder "None in the country at this time and no estimate of when it will be available". Not much point in having the dent repaired with out the lens parts in hand.

So glad I chose "Ice Silver" ... not a horrible mismatch for Duct Tape.
Reminds me of a motto:
Silence is Golden, but duct tape is Silver.

·
Registered
47 Posts
FWIW I got a small dent/bad scratch on my 2017 R back door. Subaru-approved body shop would not repair it, said the metal is too thin to repair on Subarus and they're have to repaint the entire R side of the car because of the pearl white paint.

Quote for replace the door/paint was over $3500, that was a few years ago before supply chain/inflation kicked in.
I half suspect this was a "go away we don't need your business" quote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts