Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone installed one of the OnKar tesla style android head units for their use 018 or newer crosstrek. I have the 18 premium with the hk head unit and the stem on the volume knob broke. I liked the design of this onkar and its features but saw no reviews. You can add usb modules for tpms sensors and android auto/Apple CarPlay. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? I checked with the manufacturer and it looks like it fits the us crosstrek. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I know I've seen it mentioned either here or in the Impreza5 forum.
(The Impreza Gen 5 is essentially the same as the 18-20 XV)

Just FYI; if you can find a salvage OEM and don't mind the work, you can easily replace the volume knob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I've seen it mentioned either here or in the Impreza5 forum.
(The Impreza Gen 5 is essentially the same as the 18-20 XV)

Just FYI; if you can find a salvage OEM and don't mind the work, you can easily replace the volume knob.
Thanks for the response. I found a salvaged head unit but the damage is to the stem of the volume knob so I need to replace the entire head unit and not just the knob.

My though is that this unit eliminates the knob, provides a larger screen and additional functionality. It's definitely a premium upgrade it's about 700 bucks with the additional Android auto and tpms modules. Compared to a refurbished unit at around 300 and a new head unit at over a grand.

I haven't seen any info on installs of this unit in us spec crosstrek. That's keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts