Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here willing to admit they ordered the free stickers from Subaru to go on your vehicle? You know, the one that says how many Subies you;ve owned, plus add-ons stickers for your interests, etc. They hit me up by snail mail, and I don’t know, I couldn’t resist.

But mine haven’t arrived yet. Has anyone received theirs?

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,197 Posts
I put them on. No one's ever looked at them. So I've thought of taking them back off.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,441 Posts
We ordered a set but when they arrived they didn't look as nice as in the pics. They're grey plastic, not like the chrome badges on the back of the Crosstrek, and OAK didn't want that on her brand new car so I stuck them on the fridge... 😸

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,441 Posts
I don't know what others see when ads pop up in the replys on this post but "Simple proof of dementia..." was the ad on my screen after this question. Just saying.
They're trying to tell you something...😸

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,197 Posts
I don't know what others see when ads pop up in the replys on this post but "Simple proof of dementia..." was the ad on my screen after this question. Just saying.

There are popups? :unsure:

·
Registered
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
574 Posts
I've been turning in "redirects" to responsible site folks. The "dementia" ad bar wasn't really a pop-up, but an ad bar inserted in our replies. I'm afraid that Subaru Forum is tailoring ads for me and feels poorly about my future memory retention. Often about tires, Subarus, etc. I don't think I even notice them most of the time, unlike a redirect to a phony "Norton" or "Mcafee" site. I don't think these small ad bars are uninvited by the administrators of the sites and might be the source of their giant financial empires that site administrators use to to buy their Bugattis and Mclarens.

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
Lets keep this on point....

Yes, I have the Subaru badges on my vehicle.... The wife ordered hers, but then decided not to put them on...

Regarding the off-topic ad bars, yes the last few updates now have them embedded in the middle of threads now. Quite annoying, imo...

And the even more annoying pop-up ads / screen take overs.... Still working with VS to get them squashed again.

C.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,109 Posts
We ordered our badges earlier this year during the peak of the lockdowns and it was about two months before we received them.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
149 Posts
We ordered a set but when they arrived they didn't look as nice as in the pics. They're grey plastic, not like the chrome badges on the back of the Crosstrek, and OAK didn't want that on her brand new car so I stuck them on the fridge... 😸
I ordered a set and, I agree, I was fooled into thinking they'd be nicer-looking than they actually are. That said, they're kinda cool but they won't be going on my car. Instead, I may stick them on my garage wall next to some other car signage and stickers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes. I think they're ok. But I live in a mountain ski resort town where everybody drives a Subaru (usually an Outback) or something German, and everybody advertises their sports/hobbies. Dogs, skiing, bicycling, running, etc.

Besides, they were good advertising when I was single...

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
110 Posts
I ordered my set, but haven't received them. Not sure if I'll actually put them on the car or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered mine 2 months ago and they arrived yesterday. It slipped my mind how many badges I ordered, so I was a bit surprised when I received 8 badges. I haven't decided whether or not to put them on, but if I do, I wont use all of them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ordered a set and stuck them on my tool chest.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all, sounds like I have a few more weeks of waiting!

This probably “dates” me, but remember those warranty cards that used to come with just about any household goods (toasters, irons, stereos, electrical tools, etc.)? The ones you were supposed to mail in that also had checkboxes to indicate your personal interests? This kinda felt like those to me, except we get something back in return...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts