Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking for the tire sizes I'd be safe to slap on my new subie without a lift (for now). I may be lifting it in the future, but am looking for a tire/rim combo that'd work for now and later with limited/no rubbing. I see reddit threads where guys are throwing on BFGoodrich KO2's or Grabber AT2's.

What sizing am I looking at that would work? Or am I out to lunch here trying to get away without a lift? Sorry I don't have a ton of experience with even simple car mods and could use a hand.

Stock Tires: 225/60 R17 Yokohama

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can fit a pretty sizable tire on a stock height 2nd Gen. I’m running 225/70/16. They don’t rub at all at stock height. They are very close but totally clear the wheel wells.
[/Q
Ok that's good to hear. I'm looking to use these mostly for winter driving in the mountains (Great White North) then run the stocks as summers for commuting. Think I may have any major issues with snow/ice buildup?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok that's good to hear. I'm looking to use these mostly for winter driving in the mountains (Great White North) then run the stocks as summers for commuting. Think I may have any major issues with snow/ice buildup?
Canadian checking in. I use 16"Forester XT rims with slightly narrower 215/70/16s for the winter. Slightly more space left in the wheel well over the 225/70/16. For the record I buy Walmart's Weathermaxx winter tires which are re-branded Nexen Winguard SUV winter tires.

For summer you can fit a 225/65/17 on the stock rims for a slightly larger size with no rub issues. That's where the KO2s come in.

Personal opinion: If you're looking for AT traction and aggressive look without sacrificing as much highway noise or loss in MPGs, the Falcon Wildpeak AT are available in stock size 225/60/17. Some major retailers (Costco, Walmart, Canadian Tire, etc) won't fit non-OEM sizes if the rims are on the car, so this is also a great option if you're in that situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts