Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
701 - 720 of 747 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,263 Posts
From Hungry Valley, Ca. Mass of poppies are beginning to bloom and contrary to what some contrarians think of Orange Crosstreks, Crosstrek Orange and the Poppy Orange are very complementary. Especially happy with the new Falken Wildpeak ATs as this was my first soft roading trip with them on. They are terrific and while I only did the easy drives they climb on dusty rocks far better that the OEM rubber. Also they are much more comfortable off road even when I aired down the OEM tires. On the 400 mile trip to SoCal I'm getting almost exactly 2.5 mpg less than the originals and that seems to match the other 1,500 miles I've put on the new rubber. I like the Wildpeaks so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
Subaru XV MY2019 Quartz blue pearl 1.6 CVT Style - Italy
94 Posts
very nice pics

·
Registered
7 Posts
Easter Expedition 2021

Drove an 350km off-tarmac loop in South Island NZ from Beaumont > Lake Onslow > Serpentine Church > Old Dunstan Road > Paerau > Lammermoor Reserve > Lawrence.
Some VERY gnarly bits on the Grade 4 Serpentine Track and only needed recovery once Woohoo! made it through to the Serpentine Church in one piece to a well-earned beer/s and camped overnight.
On Easter Sunday, after little sleep due to gale force winds we rose early attacked Lammermoor Range where we forgot to take photos because we were having too much fun playing in the mud and deep ruts.
Awesome weekend.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Typical Australian campsite - Deep Creek South Australia

Photo 8-5-21, 3 19 18 pm by S B, on Flickr

by S B, on Flickr
Brilliant pics! The quokkas get all the good PR so nice to see a roo or two.
Years ago Dearly Beloved and I camped in the Grampians and the little b*******s broke into the tent at 5:30am to help themselves to some Saos and Arrowroots.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Brilliant pics! The quokkas get all the good PR so nice to see a roo or two.
Years ago Dearly Beloved and I camped in the Grampians and the little b*******s broke into the tent at 5:30am to help themselves to some Saos and Arrowroots.
View attachment 305750
haha, good ol Sao's. Havent had an arrowroot in years. But yeah Ive stayed in the Grampians before and woke up to about 20 roos outside my door the next morning.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,615 Posts
I've been out exploring for a few days, mostly in fairly remote country without much internet access. I have to say, it was kind of nice not being barraged by auto start/stop posts for a while. :sneaky:

Spent a couple of days off-roading in Utah's remote western desert ... the Subaru had a blast, and hopefully taught a couple of jeep owners about their poor life choices. ;) I really like that country out there.

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,962 Posts
Going to confuse the aliens. If they think it was built by one of their own...o_O

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,931 Posts
Here’s one more, from a couple days ago. There are strange things in the Utah desert:
LOL, is that another one in the background?

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
148 Posts
Related to this?

701 - 720 of 747 Posts