Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

581 - 591 of 591 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,525 Posts
I would volunteer but this weekend sounds like snow is headed that way.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Yuuuup, thats why we wanted to try and get a trip in last weekend haha.

I do wanna attempt a part of the same trip in the snow, light snow that is. The roads leading out to the trails are not plowed or maintained.. so too much snow means no way to get there.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I try to do my best to pick up as much trash as possible anytime I’m out exploring. If you have somewhere near you that allows any sort of “off-pavement” exploring, that is a very special thing. Such places are getting shut down left and right due to the irresponsibility of other. Whether it’s yours or someone else’s, just a little extra effort could make the difference of being able to return, by car, to some of our favorite places.

steps off soapbox

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
1,855 Posts
I try to do my best to pick up as much trash as possible anytime I’m out exploring. If you have somewhere near you that allows any sort of “off-pavement” exploring, that is a very special thing. Such places are getting shut down left and right due to the irresponsibility of other. Whether it’s yours or someone else’s, just a little extra effort could make the difference of being able to return, by car, to some of our favorite places.
Good on you!! We do the same, carry a garbage bag for that exact purpose. Same with hiking, and really surprised how irresponsible so many people are. Nothing worse that seeing a pristine location spoiled by human trash...

Instead of talking about banning plastic straws, I wish the media would encourage people more to not litter, and also take up the practice of picking up garbage in pristine locations (although futile effort within cities).

And oh, beautiful sunset pics...

581 - 591 of 591 Posts