Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

41 - 60 of 600 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Mom and I visited Hocking Hills State Park last Friday. We didn't get on to any of the dirt roads, but "found" SR-11 which is a lot of fun to drive! There are many areas to stop and see waterfalls, caves, trails, etc. in this area.

This is from Conkle's Hollow trail.
20150703_125921a.jpg

Upper Falls near Old Man's Cave.
20150703_142843a.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2013 XV Crosstrek, Tangerine Orange
3,387 Posts
Went up to the family cabin in the Utah mountains last weekend. It's about three miles from the highway on a pretty tough road -- two-thirds of it is big rocks, and the other third looks like this:

The XV traversed it all without the slightest problem ... neither the car or I even broke a sweat.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I need to remember to turn the camera and grab some shots of the XV and not just the wildlife I'm chasing. This weekend, I'm heading to the Northeast Kingdom to scout locations for bear and moose. Will probably grab some shots then.

·
Super Moderator
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
621 Posts
I didnt stop to take good off road pics from yesterday. I discovered a 12inch stick stuck in the fog light between the light and bumper cover. but here are some pics at a local MTB Trail

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2013 XV Crosstrek, Tangerine Orange
3,387 Posts
Rallye, what are those pics of? What used to be there?
Deb, it's an old farming village in Nevada that was settled by the Mormons in the 1800s. The town was purchased by the federal government in the 1930s because the site was going to be flooded by a new reservoir (Lake Mead) that was then being developed. The government tore everything down, and a few years later the old town was all underwater. But now a long-term water shortage has reduced the water level of the reservoir tremendously, and the town is above water again. Pretty cool to visit!

·
Super Moderator
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Deb, it's an old farming village in Nevada that was settled by the Mormons in the 1800s. The town was purchased by the federal government in the 1930s because the site was going to be flooded by a new reservoir (Lake Mead) that was then being developed. The government tore everything down, and a few years later the old town was all underwater. But now a long-term water shortage has reduced the water level of the reservoir tremendously, and the town is above water again. Pretty cool to visit!
Ah, thank you! That's really interesting. Sounds like the sort of place my husband would like to go with his metal detector:)

41 - 60 of 600 Posts