Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am currently looking for a good set of new off roading rims and tires for my 2015 crosstrek limited. I would be very appreciative if someone could help me out with finding a good set or rims and tires for off roading for a good price. I am looking for something that will make my crosstrek look beefy.

·
Registered
493 Posts
any idea what size tire and rim I would need?
I just put that setup on my Crosstrek. Method MR502 15" 5x100 bolt spacing, and the tires are 215/75 15 BFG All terrain KO2. If you want to be a little more extreme, there is a BFG mud terrain in the same size.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just put that setup on my Crosstrek. Method MR502 15" 5x100 bolt spacing, and the tires are 215/75 15 BFG All terrain KO2. If you want to be a little more extreme, there is a BFG mud terrain in the same size.
Any lift and any rubbing? Those 502s stick out and I always wonder if it hits the fender. My stock Geo's are like 1" from the front of the rear wheelwell.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Any lift and any rubbing? Those 502s stick out and I always wonder if it hits the fender. My stock Geo's are like 1" from the front of the rear wheelwell.
Without the lift there was no noticeable rubbing. I saw a few light marks where dirt was removed from the inner fender lining, but it wasn't near enough for me to call it a genuine rub. Post 2" lift, the little flap on the bottom of the front wheel wells, catch the tire in reverse. Will need to trim that some.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi everyone I am currently looking for a good set of new off roading rims and tires for my 2015 crosstrek limited. I would be very appreciative if someone could help me out with finding a good set or rims and tires for off roading for a good price. I am looking for something that will make my crosstrek look beefy.
  • Sparco Terra 16"x7" wheels (powder coated black) and 215/65R16 BFG KO2's.
  • Tire/wheel combo about 6 lbs heavier than stock per corner (lighter wheel but heavier load range D tire)
  • Only .4" larger diameter than the OEM 17" wheels/tires, speedo is dead accurate compared to GPS, NO rubbing etc
  • OEM spare tire is usable since it's virtually the same diameter (Subaru AWD system needs all running tires to be very close to each other in diameter)
  • Awesome off-road durability & capability, good road manners
  • More road noise than stock but not bad at all IMO for the performance gain
  • I average between 29-30 mpg

Removed broken externally hosted pictures - Moderator.

·
Registered
464 Posts
...nice wheel/tire setup...and thanx azxtrk for posting well lit, sharply focused & well defined pics compared to the usual shlock that gets dumped out here...much obliged...and, btw, what happened to the mud flaps in the first pic...or were those added after ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
The first pic was about 1/2 hour after I took ownership of the car at the dealer last Feb. I had waited 3 months for the car after ordering in Nov 2015 and started buying stuff for it (the wheels/tires included). I brought the wheels/tires to the dealer with me. I had new valave stems already installed on the Sparcos that the TPMS sensors screw onto so the dealer unmounted the OEM tires from OEM wheels and installed the sensors and mounted and balanced the new BFG's on the Sparcos. I sold the OEM wheels/tires. Met a buddy for a beer or 3 on the way home from the dealership that day and snapped some pics.

The flaps came later (I have a YouTube video of the install).

Removed broken externally hosted pictures - Moderator.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,759 Posts
Welcome!

If you try the search feature, you'll probably get an answer to what you're looking for much faster.

The Advanced Search will give you more control over what to search for: Search threads

Sorting by date will return the most recent results, so the most currently active discussions.

There are also three stickies regarding tires in the Wheels and Tires section.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts