·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
259 Posts
LOL gotta love how TorqueNews reads a couple of forum posts and the Mototrend article on the exact same subject, then writes a half-assed article. "news"
This is like the budget Motortrend article, only like 25% of the effort.
Crawford doesn't even have an "Overland Build Kit" and the link just takes you to their overland parts list.

Motortrend article from two weeks ago: The Way This Subaru Crosstrek Looks Is How All Crosstreks Should Look

·
Registered
45 Posts
Saw something about that, and I gotta say I’m not super impressed.
The body parts are probably fine, but air/oil separators are of questionable value on low power NA cars, and intake “power blocks” are basically just snake oil.
My $.02, but save your money folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
452 Posts
Saw something about that, and I gotta say I’m not super impressed.
The body parts are probably fine, but air/oil separators are of questionable value on low power NA cars, and intake “power blocks” are basically just snake oil.
My $.02, but save your money folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In plain English what is an "Intake Power Block?" How does it increase "volumetric efficency..."

·
Registered
45 Posts
In plain English what is an "Intake Power Block?" How does it increase "volumetric efficency..."

There's tons of stuff out there, this guy gets pretty detailed about their original intended purpose, how they worked, and why Subie's don't need em.
Looks like it's an ongoing question/discussion throughout the automotive community, though, and the biggest proponents seem to be the companies that are selling them LOL.

·
Registered
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
452 Posts

There's tons of stuff out there, this guy gets pretty detailed about their original intended purpose, how they worked, and why Subie's don't need em.
Looks like it's an ongoing question/discussion throughout the automotive community, though, and the biggest proponents seem to be the companies that are selling them LOL.
Fascinating video. Thanks. No dyno scientific claims made on the "Intake Power Block?"

·
Registered
2016 Crosstrek
957 Posts
Crawford Performance thinks they work, I don't unless they did something else to take advantage of them. There was a thread posted
with this link
https://www.motortrend.com/news/subaru-crosstrek-crawford-performance-upgrades-tune/
Where I even quoted this claim:
"The model uses the same transmission and driveline as the regular Crosstrek. But the 2.0-liter boxer engine pumps out 167 hp, up from 152 hp on the standard vehicle. ... Intake manifold spacers add the extra power, for a price of $270. "
Somebody is going to have to prove that to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Crawford Performance thinks they work, I don't unless they did something else to take advantage of them. There was a thread posted
with this link
The Way This Subaru Crosstrek Looks Is How All Crosstreks Should Look
Where I even quoted this claim:
"The model uses the same transmission and driveline as the regular Crosstrek. But the 2.0-liter boxer engine pumps out 167 hp, up from 152 hp on the standard vehicle. ... Intake manifold spacers add the extra power, for a price of $270. "
Somebody is going to have to prove that to me.
Yeah, a 15HP bump without a dyno to prove it is...shall we say questionable.
Especially coming from a magic aluminum block LOL.
I don't buy it.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't buy it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts