Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I did an an overland competition in NH back in 2015 in my jeep. NH Class VI roads are awesome. Some mild and some are hard enough to snap a jeep's axle shaft. Here's a vid to you an idea.

Trans NH with ExploringNH? I am part of that forum. Never did the TNHX though. Great time from what I have heard. I have a Rubicon, joined here because of my wofe's awesome little Crosstrek.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
476 Posts
It was called the New Hampshire Overland Challenge. Ryan from ExploringNH was the organizer. I think he only had it the one year. TNHX is a different event that's still taking place I believe.
Oh, okay. Same idea, more stress lol. And yes it is, coming up in June.
They did hold a couple of them, but they sort of petered out. And Ryan sold the site and left as well. I think he is doing something, or always was, with.....crap. Can't recall. Mountain Overland maybe? bah, hate my brain.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, heard he went with Mountain State Overland. A WV group with pretty good videos on YouTube. They posted their Vermont travels back in the Fall. Vermont, BTW, with their Class IV roads is an excellent place to explore. Take you years to hit all the roads worth doing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah, heard he went with Mountain State Overland. A WV group with pretty good videos on YouTube. They posted their Vermont travels back in the Fall. Vermont, BTW, with their Class IV roads is an excellent place to explore. Take you years to hit all the roads worth doing.
I am right on the border with Vermont and do most of my wheeling there, and you are correct. They work so much better there with snowmobile clubs anD ATV clubs workig to keep access year round, where in NH there is really only the big push for snowmobiles, not nearly the ATV push for shared use. Too bad.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live right on the mass/nh border one town over from Lowell, I just search something like "class 4 roads salem, nh" and a town map will come up and it will show you legal class VI roads you can drive. I've had a lot of luck doing that recently

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.