Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry, Twiddler, I wish I could help, but you're way beyond my limited knowledge with this. I don't understand how you have a Crosstrek that doesn't have Crosstrek software in it. Who did WHAT to that car before you got it?? (Rhetorical question)
Will a local dealer not help you reflash the ECU, or are they willing, but at too high a price?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Sorry, Twiddler, I wish I could help, but you're way beyond my limited knowledge with this. I don't understand how you have a Crosstrek that doesn't have Crosstrek software in it. Who did WHAT to that car before you got it?? (Rhetorical question)
Will a local dealer not help you reflash the ECU, or are they willing, but at too high a price?
What I'm needing is the ability to read the modules. The rest I'll figure out. Unless I misunderstood what you were saying earlier (in your first post in this thread), it appeared that you had read, evaluated, and modified settings in yours.

The modules that I have plugged into it are from a parts car that I bought, a 2014 Impreza that was in a front end collision. The only physical difference is the airbag module and corresponding wiring harness, causing me to have to keep the original, submersible airbag module.

Lastly, my local dealer said that when they put my VIN number in, once connected to it, it wouldn't recognize the car. So, they were willing to help (at least in word), but not sure if they're really trying that hard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a Launch Diagun IV (Kingbolen) which has bi-directional controls, immobilizer, etc., but....
What I'm needing is the ability to read the modules. The rest I'll figure out. Unless I misunderstood what you were saying earlier (in your first post in this thread), it appeared that you had read, evaluated, and modified settings in yours...
I've only looked at streaming engine data. My mentioning the immobilizer function was just a reference to one of the things the product advertises it can do. I haven't programed a key yet (& hope I never have to), nor have I rewritten any ECU software. The newer Diagun V now selling is labeled "ECU Coding," for whatever that might be worth to you.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I've only looked at streaming engine data.
Ah... I was unaware of the difference but I am learning.

I know that with the older models (EJ I think) that you can just buy the right cable, download the right software (open SSM), and dump your modules to files, then open them in other software (ROM Raider). This, I don't believe, works for the 2014, but I could be wrong. I'm just looking for the person who knows for sure to speak up.

Maybe if I offer a cash reward?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts