Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any deep-dive experience in using SSM software on their Subaru?

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about using Torque Pro to reset a SEL, I'm talking about checking out all of the CAN bus modules in the vehicle including the immobilizer. I'd like to add some keys, correct a VIN mismatch in my airbag module, and set up my TPS for the new rims.

Please also do not say "Just take it to the dealer".

I've been searching around before I make a purchase of a ODBii port interface cable/device and I'm just getting more confused. Between the obviously fake reviews and things not said, like required licensing fees, I figured that throwing this question out might be the quickest way to get a straight answer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess the answer is "no".

I have a cable on order and I'll figure out the software. I'll share here what i learn.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know the location of the green ECU test connectors on a 2014 Crosstrek?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
It might be behind the glove box.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After receiving a VAG-COM cable, I tried using it and all I seem to get is the normal ODBII stuff. I'm using FreeSSM on my PC and a 409.1 cable.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone successfully used SSM or free SSM software ok their Subaru Crosstrek?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts